Princess Star Butterfly is the main protagonist of Star vs. the Forces of Evil. She is a teenage princess of the kingdom of Mewni (located in another dimension) sent to Earth by her parents in order to learn how to use the royal magic wand. She currently lives with her earthly hosts, the Diaz family.
Star is very energetic and friendly. She loves having fun and usually has an optimistic outlook on life. She loves to help others and whenever she sees that someone is upset, she does her best to cheer them up. Strangers, in her eyes, are just friends she has not met yet, and she feels bad if she hurts someone's feelings, whether intentionally or not. Star has a happy-go-lucky attitude and always tries to put a smile on everyone's faces. She also works very hard towards her goals, so much so that she will sometimes end up greatly sleep-deprived.
Owing to her rather sheltered upbringing, Star's optimism and enthusiasm can border on recklessness, to the point of endangering the people around her with her madcap antics. She has rather simplistic views on concepts such as leadership and responsibility, believing that prioritizing fun above all else matters the most. All this, coupled with her lack of understanding of Earth customs, often puts her and Marco in strange, dangerous situations. While rarely ever angry, she does express annoyance towards people who do not take her seriously or give her the attention she wants. Although she treats her friends kindly and rarely holds grudges against them, she is usually brutal towards her enemies.
She also holds a prejudice against monsters, believing they are "born bad", though this opinion softens a little as of "Mewnipendance Day."
She sometimes chews on the top of the wand, in something of a tic.
"Cheer up Star" shows that she has coulrophobia (a fear of clowns) but by "Royal Pain", she seems to have gotten over it, since there was a clown creature in her room, and she did not seem to mind its presence.
Star is a fourteen-year-old girl of medium height. She has light blue eyes and long blonde hair that goes down to her knees. Most of the time Star's bangs overlap her eyes and eyebrows, possibly due to how large her eyes are drawn.
Her cheeks normally have posh pearl pink hearts on them. The heart marks on her cheeks sometimes change into other things to reflect her emotions, such as hourglasses when she is bored, grey skulls when she is pumped for battle white skulls when she is depressed, or light bulbs when she has an idea. Considering that her mother's cheeks have purple diamond shaped marks, it is possible that this is a genetic trait.
When going through mewberty, purple hearts appear on Star's skin (including her forehead and ears) although she is able to peel them off. Eventually, she turns completely purple and acquires an insect-like appearance. Her hair turns pale lavender and is twisted into two buns. Her eyes are replaced with glowing hearts, and she gains four extra arms and large butterfly-like wings.
Bản mẫu:For Star's wardrobe consists of every color of the rainbow. She usually wears a red hairband with devil horns and lets her hair down, but she sometimes uses her magic wand to change into other hairstyles like pigtails or ponytails (and on one occasion, to change her hairband into other kinds of headgear). She has a small pair of translucent purple wings on her back, which she gained after going through mewberty.
While Star has many different outfits, she mainly wears four recurring outfits:
- A sea green dress with a white collar, white lace on the sleeves and skirt and a cute light purple squid design on the front. She also wears pink and orange stockings, dark magenta boots with a rhino design, and a little yellow star-shaped side bag with a face.
- A teal sleeveless dress with four colorful stripes on the chest, white lace on the bottom, and a white bear face on the left side towards the bottom. She also wears light sea green and bluish green-striped stockings, pink boots with white bunny faces and dark pink bottoms, and a silver bracelet with spikes.
- A sky blue sleeveless short dress with a tied string at the neckline. Around the waist, the dress has a peach-colored line and a red line that is slanted towards the right. She also wears a little gray cloud-shaped bag with a face, striped blue stockings that are dark blue at the top and become lighter with each lower stripe, light blue sneakers with white tips, and fuzzy light blue legwarmers.
- A dark green-blue dress with a lighter turquoise trim, with pink striped pants, a spider necklace, white boots with yellow stars on the heels and hot pink bottoms, with pale pink tips.
RelationshipsSửa đổiPony Head threatened him.
Star appreciates Marco's help, advice, and kindness whenever she needs it, and she always finds ways to help him out when she sees she can. However, she has been shown to be resentful whenever Marco thinks she can not handle something on her own, and has on several occasions clashed with Marco over the differences between her adventurous personality and his cautious tendencies up to the point where she questions their friendship.Amethyst Arcade and lies about it to Star. Star forgives Pony Head after she saves Marco while being doomed to go to St. Olga's. In "St. Olga's Reform School for Wayward Princesses", Star shows that she cares enough for Pony Head to break her out of St. O's, the place she fears most, for her best friend's birthday. Star Comes to Earth". Ludo is always trying to steal Star's wand away from her, and Star is always fighting with him and his army because of it. While disliking Ludo, Star does not see him as a huge threat that she can not defeat. She finds a lot of his plans ridiculous, and she does not appreciate it whenever Ludo and his army are making trouble or ruining things for her. Royal Pain"), as well as a need to fight monsters.
Star has a harder time getting along with her mother. Not fond of her mother's strict rules and traditional sensibilities, Star liked being sent to Earth, which allowed her to get some space from her. At the same time, Star fully knows the danger of her mom finding out that she is being too reckless with the wand or exploring other dimensions without permission, which would lead her to be sent to St. Olga's. Regardless, the two love each other immensely.
Tom is Star's ex-boyfriend. He still has feelings for her, but Star clearly does not feel the same way and she often pushes him away. However, she was willing to at least give him a chance to prove that he had changed and dealt with his anger issues. When it became clear that he had not, she responded by freezing him when he tried to attack Marco. When Tom uses Mr. Candle to tell Star that all she is good for is being queen, he later realizes that he cannot win Star's affections.Cheer up Star". She is highly impressed that he has "a record", and she fantasizes about being with him, much to Marco's annoyance when he is having a flashback.
In "Mewberty", Oskar is the focus of Star's new found attention on boys. After her transformation into a purple butterfly-like humanoid, she kidnaps both Oskar and his car and lifts him up to the sky. Unexpectedly, she then drops Oskar and his car back to earth, before returning to her normal state.
In "Star on Wheels", Oskar helps Marco save Star from a runaway bike ride. In the end, Star apologizes to Oskar about his broken car and offers him a ride home.Monster Arm", they help wake her up so she could change Marco's mutated arm back to normal. In "Pixtopia", they accompany her and Marco to the pixie dimension, where she ends up having to save the two of them.Bản mẫu:Clr Mewnipendance Day Reenactment, making her one of the "heroic" Mewmans battling against the "evil" monsters. Laser puppy Star had conjured for her birthday gift; She pronounced the act "not cool." Bản mẫu:Clr
Powers and abilitiesSửa đổi
- Magic wand: Star wields the Butterfly family's royal magic wand which grants her multiple magical powers, though she does not fully understand them yet. She can create many different creations or change anything she wants with the wand just by saying spells and pointing it. Star can also transform her wand into other things, like a mace.
- Hand-to-hand/armed combat: Star also knows how to fight without the wand, either fighting unarmed or using a weapon. As a toddler, she was taught how to break a neck with her bare hands and how to fight with a sword by the Mewni royal guard.
- Innate magic: In "My New Wand!", Star learns to access the innate magic within her own body.
- Temporary flight: In "Mewberty", Star grows a pair of small wings and can use them to fly temporarily.
- Creativity: Star has also demonstrated a talent for paper cutting and painting.
Names in other languagesSửa đổi
|Dutch||Star Vlinder||Star Butterfly|
sing1 sing1 wu4 dip6
|Norwegian||Sarah Sommerfugl*||Sarah Butterfly|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Star Borboleta||Star Butterfly|
|Little Star Butterfly|
|Swedish||Ester Fjäril*||Ester Butterfly|
*Addressed as this in character dialogue but called Star in the series title and synopses.
**Was referred to as Star Princess in Flash games and other media.
- In earlier conceptual versions of the series, Star was a grade schooler who did not have magic powers but believed she did. After someone suggested that she make Star older and have real magic powers, Daron Nefcy changed her into a princess from a different dimension.
- In an early concept of Star, she had a pet cat named Cashew.
- In "Blood Moon Ball", Star and Marco's souls are said to be bound together for eternity, according to Blood Moon legend.
- According to series creator Daron Nefcy, Star's favorite color is yellow.
- In earlier versions of the show Star and Marco were enemies instead of friends, and Marco was named "Sol."
- In the Korean dub, Star yells out, "Shabang Shabang!" before casting a spell.
- Star herself has confirmed that she and the other people from Mewni are not humans. Rather, they are a humanoid species called "Mewmans."
- Star is similar to:
- The titular character Momo of the first series of the Japanese anime Minky Momo Bản mẫu:W.
- Nina Sakura from the Manga series Ultra Maniac. Both are magical teenage girls who come from magical kingdoms and are sent to live on Earth.
- Starfire from DC comics, also an alien princess unfamiliar with Earth customs who initially resembles humans but later undergoes a metamorphosis.
- Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire and the television series Game of Thrones. Despite being born into nobility, both girls favor combat and adventure over "traditional" feminine roles, but have to learn how to fight to survive in an unforgiving world.
- In the episode "Ludo in the Wild", Star is shown jumping extremely high. However, this could be because she is on Mewni, she is a Mewman, or she is merely a hallucination of Ludo's.
- ↑ Pony Head khi xuất hiện lần đầu đã gọi Star như thế trong "Party With a Pony".
- ↑ Marco gọi cô ấy như thế trong "School Spirit."
- ↑ "Match Maker"
- ↑ Brittney gọi cô ấy như thế trong "Brittney's Party".
- ↑ "Pixtopia"
- ↑ Tom gọi cô ấy như thế trong "Blood Moon Ball".
- ↑ "Fortune Cookies"
- ↑ "Interdimensional Field Trip"
- ↑ Star trong "Blood Moon Ball": "Tớ đã 14. Tớ có thể xử lí một con quái vật."
- ↑ Queen Butterfly trong "Sleep Spells": "Star. Just calling with your daily reminder to behave like the queen-in-training that you are."
- ↑ Star trong "Star Comes to Earth": "Mọi người nói tớ thiếu thận trọng và vô trách nhiệm chỉ vì tớ chiến đấu với quái vật, và thuần hóa kỳ lân hoang dã."
- ↑ Star trong "Match Maker": "Tớ nhảy rất tuyệt vời!"
- ↑ Star in "Match Maker": "It's a terrible, horrible place and no one who goes in there ever comes out the same!"
- ↑ Star in "Diaz Family Vacation": "So this what it's like to be bored to death."
- ↑ "Brittney's Party"
- ↑ here in "Diaz Family Vacation"
- ↑ here in School Spirit
- ↑ hearts break to become this in "Quest Buy"
- ↑ here and here in "Quest Buy"
- ↑ Flashback in "School Spirit".
- ↑ Flashback in "Freeze Day".
- ↑ "Star on Wheels"
- ↑ "Diaz Family Vacation"
- ↑ "Sleep Spells"
- ↑ http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/no-time-for-tea-parties/
- ↑ An early Star comic by Daron Nefcy in 2010 before
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DaronNefcy/status/686357255432736768
- ↑ http://comicbook.com/2015/03/25/get-a-little-weird-and-wild-with-daron-nefcys-star-vs-the-forces/