It premiered on April 21, 2019 alongside "The Monster and the Queen".
At the Dragon Spit tavern, the Kill Devil Pass Riders Club—consisting of Marco, Hekapoo, Talon Raventalon, Kelly, and Quirky Guy—meet up for their annual dragon-cycle ride. Marco invites Tom to join them for their ride, but when Tom arrives on a dragon-cycle he only just recently bought, it quickly becomes obvious that he's never ridden one before, despite his attempts to play off his inexperience.
When the club members begin their ride into the sky, Tom's cycle (named Hampton) is wild and disobedient. Marco teaches Tom how to properly care for his cycle and form a bond of trust with it. When they catch up with the rest of the club, the other club members are a little resentful of Tom for holding them back and cramping their style.
In the next leg of the ride, the club rides their dragon-cycles through a gorge, but Hampton is still difficult for Tom to control. When a herd of wild, untamed dragon-cycles flies nearby, Hampton appears to be more comfortable flying with them than with Tom. Despite how much trouble Tom is having, he insists that he's having a lot of fun and wants to ride alongside Marco and the others.
The final leg of the ride involves the club members riding their dragon-cycles over a giant ramp and landing on the other side of a large jump. Between the two ends of the jump are giant fists that fly out of the gorge's walls and threaten to squash them. While Hekapoo and Kelly make successful jumps, Talon and Quirky's jumps are less than successful. Considering Tom's inexperience at dragon-cycling, Marco encourages him not to go through with it, but Tom still insists on doing it because he wants to be as cool as Marco.
Marco tells Tom that he should do stuff he wants to do, not because they might make him cool, and he completes his own ramp jump. Tom realizes that neither he nor Hampton really want to do the jump. Remembering how much Hamption loved flying with the wild dragon-cycles earlier, Tom releases him into the wild so that he can be with them. Tom still goes ahead with the jump, but he uses his demon powers to fly across instead of a dragon-cycle (though he still gets injured at the very end). In recognition of Tom's coolness, the others welcome him as an official member of their dragon-cycling club.
Title in other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||Un chico y su DC-700XE||A boy and his DC-700DXE|
|Japanese||トムのドラゴンバイク||Tom's dragon bike|
View the episode transcript here.
Click here to view the gallery.
- This is the last episode in the series to not have Star Butterfly make an appearance.
- This is also the first (and only) episode in the series where Marco and Tom appear without Star.
Revelations and continuity
- Marco, Hekapoo, Talon Raventalon, Kelly, and Quirky Guy are in a dragon-cycling club.
- Tom joins the club at the end of the episode.
- Marco and Kelly are no longer breakup buddies.
- Kelly appears to have not taken it well.
- It is never shown nor explained why Marco and Kelly broke up.
- ↑ https://disneyschedules.tumblr.com/post/183755815804/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-season-4-canadian
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/DisneyGrillasLA/status/1167994729776197632