The tadpoles first appear as black-skinned tadpoles with stubby tails and big black eyes inside small, green egg sacs. Among them, two of the tadpoles are conjoined twins, and Katrina appears to be the smallest with the biggest and most expressive eyes.
At the end of "Starsitting", the tadpoles each grow a pair of frog legs; Katrina's legs are the most muscular. By "Puddle Defender", the tadpoles have shed their protective egg sacs and (save for Katrina) grown arms. By "Is Another Mystery", Katrina has also grown arms.
As of "Cornball!", the tadpoles are now fully grown teenagers with a close resemblance to their father.
In the season 1 finale "Storm the Castle", Ludo gives the tadpoles to Buff Frog as a bribe to get him to kick Toffee out of Castle Avarius. However, Buff Frog unexpectedly becomes fond and protective of the tadpoles and adopts them as his children.
In "Starsitting", Buff Frog asks Star Butterfly to babysit his tadpoles while he leaves on a job, and he asks that she be especially careful with the youngest, Katrina. As Star and Marco watch over the tadpoles, Star accidentally disrupts their nap and mistakenly feeds them cake, causing them to make a mess. With Marco's help, Star manages to keep the tadpoles under control before Buff Frog returns to pick them up. During the episode, the tadpoles grow their frog legs.
In "Puddle Defender", the majority of the tadpoles have matured enough to grow arms. Katrina has not yet grown arms, but she reveals to Star that she can talk, unlike her siblings, something that her father is unaware of.
In "Cornball!", the tadpoles attend a cornball game on Mewni with their father. When the tadpoles play a friendly game with Mewmans and other monsters, Buff Frog begins to have hope for peace between the two races and moves his family back to Mewni.
In "Doop-Doop", the tadpoles and their father bid Star and Tom farewell as they leave on a trip, and Katrina gives Star an autographed cornball.
In "The Tavern at the End of the Multiverse", the tadpoles are among the monsters that Mina Loveberry and her army of Solarian Warriors plan to push off a cliff. Katrina is seen crying when she gets threatened by Mina before her father tries to protect her.
In "Cleaved", the tadpoles appear safe and sound as the Solarian Army is dismantled after magic is destroyed.
- Theme Song (season 2)
Click here to view the gallery.
- It is currently unknown where Ludo got the tadpoles from before giving them to Buff Frog.
- In some shots in their appearances, there are thirteen tadpoles (counting two in the same egg), despite the fact that Buff Frog tells Boo Fly he has twelve.
- "Is Another Mystery" reveals that Katrina has learned to write (in a very legible way, to boot).
- "Cornball!" reveals that Katrina had been in secret contact with Star while she and her family were off-Mewni.
- ↑ Buff Frog in "On the Job": "Yes. Twelve beautiful babies."
- ↑ Dominic Bisignano (2019-08-03). Star vs the Forces of Evil ask me anything!. Reddit. Retrieved on 2019 August 5.