Comet Butterfly, also known as Comet the Chef, is the 35th Queen of the Kingdom of Mewni, the daughter of Estrella Butterfly, and Star Butterfly's grandmother. She is first mentioned in "Return to Mewni", and her history is expanded upon in Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells.
Comet is an adult woman with tanned skin, long lavender hair styled in a heart-shaped updo (sometimes with an accompanying long ponytail), purple eyes, and light purple butterfly-shaped marks on her cheeks. In "Moon the Undaunted", she is depicted (in a photograph) wearing a lavender and white gown, long white gloves, and a golden crown with a purple diamond in the center. In Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells, she is depicted wearing a sea-green and pink gown with long white sleeves and a butterfly motif, and pink shoes. She is 5' (1.52 m) tall.
Comet is stated in Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells to have been extremely adventurous and irresponsible in her youth. She traveled across dimensions, got married, had a baby, and got divorced, all before she inherited the royal wand.
Comet had a love of baking and enjoyed making tasty treats for others. She was against war and sought peace between monsters and Mewmans. As a brilliant strategist and manipulator, she would use her delicious baked goods to influence the thoughts of others.
As a mother, Comet was very caring and loving, and adult Moon always looked back on her memories of her mother with happiness and affection.
- Note: The following information is from Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells.
Comet Butterfly was the first princess of Mewni to have gotten married and given birth to a baby before inheriting the Royal Magic Wand. Prior to her Wand Passing ceremony, Comet spent some time traveling across dimensions in search of adventure. During her impulsive travels, she married a famous chef named Lazlo Marmalade, had a daughter named Moon, and divorced Lazlo before returning to Mewni.
As tensions escalated between Mewmans and monsters, Comet developed a strategy for preventing conflict by feeding the army generals and the Magic High Commission delicious food. After inheriting the throne of Mewni from her mother Estrella, Comet's first act as Queen was holding a banquet in honor of the monster king Archduke Batwin. This notable act would make great strides in bridging the gap between Mewmans and monsters, much to the chagrin of the High Commission and the rebel monster factions.
Some time later, however, in the midst of the signing of a peace treaty between Queen Comet and Archduke Batwin, one of Batwin's generals named Toffee went rogue and assassinated Comet. She was immediately succeeded by her daughter Moon. Comet's fate at Toffee's hands is also mentioned in the season 3 episodes "Return to Mewni" and "Moon the Undaunted".
In "Ghost of Butterfly Castle", Comet is briefly depicted in tapestry in the Butterfly Castle's tapestry room. In "The Tavern at the End of the Multiverse", she appears as a voiceless ghost inside Glossaryck's eye. In "Cleaved", she appears as a ghost again in the Realm of Magic as Star, Moon, Eclipsa and Meteora destroy the magic. Comet appears to express joy when Moon looks at her.
Powers and abilities
- Royal Magic Wand: As a Queen of Mewni, Comet once wielded the Royal Magic Wand, taking the form of a rolling pin in her possession. One of her specialties as a spellcaster was using magic to disarm enemies without harming them.
- Cooking: Comet is a very talented cook, having the philosophy that good food brings people closer together than war. Her most famous dish is Red Solanaceae pie, and she published a number of her cooking recipes in the Magic Book of Spells.
- Comet's attributes in The Magic Book of Spells are:
- Strength: 13
- Intelligence: 18
- Wisdom: 18
- Dexterity: 12
- Constitution: 17
- Charisma: 17
- Comet was one of Glossaryck's favorite queens, mostly for her cooking, as she used to leave him food.
- He even teared up over how Comet's pudding pie recipe (which is his favourite) can't be written down or recorded in Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells.
- Comet was the queen who got closest to making peace with the monsters before her assassination.
- According to The Magic Book of Spells, before "Return to Mewni", Star always believed Comet was sent to a "grandma farm" to hang out with her other grandmas.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells by Daron Nefcy and Amber Benson. September 11, 2018. Published by Disney Press. ISBN: 978-1368020503.