Creature Capture is a tile-matching puzzle game based on Star vs. the Forces of Evil. It was made available to play on Disney XD's official website on March 3, 2015.
The current version of the game has fifteen playable levels.
The gameplay is similar to the arcade video game Puzzle Bobble (also known as "Bust-a-Move"), except it is played on a horizontal axis instead of vertically. The player controls Star Butterfly and must clear the screen of critters by shooting colored spells from the left side of the screen to the right.
Fired spells travel in straight lines and can bounce off the top and bottom walls of the screen. If a spell touches critters of the same color, forming a group of three or more, those critters—as well as any critters and objects hanging from them—are removed from the screen. The color of spells fired can be changed freely (if the player has available spells in that color) by clicking on the spell before firing.
Once every few shots, the critters will advance from the right side of the screen to the left by one row (this is indicated when the critters become angry). If the critters reach Star and Marco, or if the player runs out of shots, the level ends in failure.
The objective of each level is to clear all the critters away before they reach Star and Marco. Based on how quickly the player clears a level, they are given a 1 to 3 star rating.
When critters are cleared away from the screen, they occasionally drop additional spells or cupcakes, which must be picked up before they vanish. Spells add to the player's available number of shots, and cupcakes are used for special monster skills.
In certain levels, critters and monsters team up with Star and Marco to clear the critters away. Each monster has a unique special skill that is activated by clicking and holding on the monster during play. Each use of a special skill costs one cupcake.
- Minotaur: Pushes all on-screen critters back by one row. Available in levels 3, 4, 7, and 14.
- Flying Pig: Clears all critters of the same color from the screen. Available in levels 4, 8, and 13.
- Pirate Bear: Clears any three selected critters from the screen. Available in levels 5, 6, 7, and 11.
- Bean Bag: Clears away a small group of critters from the screen. Available in levels 6, 8, and 12.
- Disco Worm: Changes any three selected critters to a different color. Available in levels 9, 11, 13, and 15.
- Rotating Raccoon: Gives the player unlimited spells for a short period of time. Available in levels 10, 12, 14, and 15.
Levels 11 through 15 also feature two new spells: Portal, which sucks all critters and objects on-screen back into the dome; and Starfall, which picks critters to send back to the dome at random.
The game awards the player achievements for certain actions that are taken during the game:
- Matched critters for the first time
- Matched critters 50 times
- Matched critters 100 times
- Used Red Color Spell 10 times
- Used Red Color Spell 50 times
- Used Red Color Spell 100 times
- Used Yellow Color Spell 10 times
- Used Yellow Color Spell 50 times
- Used Yellow Color Spell 100 times
- Used Green Color Spell 10 times
- Used Green Color Spell 50 times
- Used Green Color Spell 100 times
- Used Pink Color Spell 10 times
- Used Pink Color Spell 50 times
- Used Pink Color Spell 100 times
- Used Violet Color Spell 10 times
- Used Violet Color Spell 50 times
- Used Violet Color Spell 100 times
- Used Blue Color Spell 10 times
- Used Blue Color Spell 50 times
- Used Blue Color Spell 100 times
- Squished by critters for the first time
- Squished by critters 10 times
- Squished by critters 50 times
- Used Minotaur for the first time
- Used Flying Pig for the first time
- Used Pirate Bear for the first time
- Used Bean Bag for the first time
- Used Raccoon for the first time
- Used Disco Worm for the first time
Click here to view the gallery.
- An instrumental version of the series' theme song plays on the game's title screen.
- The background music that plays during levels is the same music that plays at the Bounce Lounge, in the episode "Party With a Pony".
- The music that plays when a level is cleared is the same music that plays for Marco's Super Awesome Nachos in "Party With a Pony".
- In the level select screen, among the stars, it is possible to see a hidden face of Mickey Mouse.
|Star vs. the Forces of Evil Merchandise|