- “She cannot write, she cannot sing. But she can draw, her only thing.
Sketching late into the night... But will she ever draw it right?”
- ―Royal family inscription[src]
Estrella Butterfly, also known as Estrella the Drafted, is the 34th Queen of the Kingdom of Mewni, the daughter of Celena Butterfly, and Star Butterfly's great-grandmother. She is featured in Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells.
Estrella is a young woman with tanned skin, wavy black shoulder-length hair, green eyes, and yellow five-petaled flower-shaped marks on her cheeks. She wears a long black dress with diamonds and strings of gems around the waist, dark blue shoes with light blue bows on them, a purple feather boa, a flower hairpin with two large feathers in it, and a gold tiara with a red diamond in the center. She is 5' 5" (1.65 m) tall.
- Note: The following information is from Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells.
Estrella inherited the Royal Magic Wand and the throne of Mewni from her mother Celena, though it is stated in her chapter in the Book of Spells that she did very little during her time as Queen. Because of this, Estrella was very popular among the Mewmans, who were fearful of change. Estrella did not even write very much in the Book of Spells; while she spent most of her time drawing around Mewni, her chapter entries were largely ghostwritten by Glossaryck.
Estrella eventually married a songstrel named Azul Saint and had a daughter named Comet, who would inherit the Royal Magic Wand when she came of age.
In "Ghost of Butterfly Castle", Estrella is briefly depicted in tapestry in the Butterfly Castle's tapestry room. In "The Tavern at the End of the Multiverse", she appears as a voiceless ghost inside Glossaryck's eye. In "Cleaved", she appears as a ghost again in the Realm of Magic as Star, Moon, and Eclipsa destroy the magic.
Powers and abilities
- Royal Magic Wand: As a Queen of Mewni, Estella once wielded the Royal Magic Wand, taking the form of a paintbrush. It is unknown if Estrella ever used her wand for advanced spell-casting, as she mostly used it for drawing.
- Creativity: As an artist, Estrella is very talented at sketching and painting. Most of her chapter in the Book of Spells is filled with drawings of her family, the Magic High Commission, and regions around Mewni.
- Estrella's name is of Spanish and Catalan origin, meaning "star".
- Estrella's attributes in The Magic Book of Spells are:
- Strength: 4
- Intelligence: 16
- Wisdom: 16
- Dexterity: 10
- Constitution: 8
- Charisma: 12
- Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells by Daron Nefcy and Amber Benson. September 11, 2018. Published by Disney Press. ISBN: 978-1368020503.