It premiered on April 7, 2019 alongside "Princess Quasar Caterpillar and the Magic Bell".
Sometime after the events of "Down by the River", Moon and River Butterfly's small community of Mewmans has grown to have a population of dozens, with many families farming side-by-side and having a bustling trade economy. When several Mewmans get into an argument over using the water stream to wash laundry, Moon makes a laundry schedule assigning each villager a specific time to do their laundry. While Moon considers this a simple accomplishment, the Mewmans say they prefer living under her than under Queen Eclipsa, and they constantly look to Moon for solutions to their problems.
Moon decides to go to the ruins of Butterfly Castle and retrieve her old day planner to give the villagers some semblance of organization and self-reliance. But River tells her she has spent her whole life taking care of others and should learn to take care of herself for a change. In addition, there are rumors floating around the village that Butterfly Castle is being haunted by a ghost. Near the castle, Moon finds the surrounding village ruins plagued by looters and scavengers, who also attest to the castle being haunted.
Inside Butterfly Castle, Moon walks through ruins and various debris to retrieve her day planner from her old bedroom closet, but before she leaves, she senses that something else is in the castle with her. Venturing into the castle's lower levels, she passes through the tapestry room and discovers some crows that have been turned to stone by yada yada berries. All of a sudden, the ghost appears before Moon as a glowing, floating, white sheet. When the ghost approaches Moon, it recognizes her and pulls off its sheet, revealing itself to be Mina Loveberry.
Mina explains that she has been guarding the castle from looters ever since it was abandoned. She has also been restoring the Butterfly family tapestries and growing yada yada berry bushes. Mina reveals that she was the one who tried to turn Eclipsa to stone in "Yada Yada Berries", saying monsters and monster-sympathizers have no place in the kingdom. Mina asks Moon to restart to "Solarian Program" created by Queen Solaria that originally made her a magical super-warrior so that they can dethrone Eclipsa.
Moon thanks Mina for her years of servitude to the Butterfly family, but she refuses to restart the Solarian Program because of the dangers it posed to the Mewmans who underwent it. In response to Moon's refusal, Mina considers her a traitor to the kingdom and declares she will never stop fighting against monsters before leaving. Back in the Mewman village, Moon gives her day planner to the arguing villagers and informs River that Mina is trying to take down Eclipsa. When River asks what she's going to do about it, Moon decides to take his earlier advice and worry only about herself.
- River Butterfly
- Mina Loveberry
- Eclipsa Butterfly (mentioned/depicted)
- Skywynne Butterfly (depicted)
- Festivia Butterfly (depicted)
- Celena Butterfly (depicted)
- Crescenta Butterfly (depicted)
- Jushtin Butterfly (depicted)
- Estrella Butterfly (depicted)
- Comet Butterfly (depicted)
- Solaria Butterfly (depicted)
- Toffee (depicted)
- Globgor (depicted)
- Glossaryck (depicted)
- Manfred (mentioned)
Title in other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||El fantasma del castillo Butterfly||The Ghost of the Butterfly Castle|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||O Fantasma Do Castelo Borboleta||The Ghost Of Butterfly's Castle|
View the episode transcript here.
Click here to view the gallery.
- This episode mentions Solaria Butterfly's magical super-soldier creation project, the "Solarian Program", that was first mentioned in Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells.
Revelations and continuity
- The community that Moon and River established in "Down by the River" has now grown to over a dozen Mewmans.
- Tapestries of Butterfly family royals Skywynne, Jushtin, Estrella, and Comet are shown in the series for the first time.
- Mina Loveberry is revealed to have been guarding Butterfly Castle and restoring its tapestries since it was abandoned.
- She is also revealed to be the one who tried to turn Eclipsa to stone in "Yada Yada Berries".
- She is also revealed to be the last remaining survivor of Queen Solaria's "Solarian Program".
- Unless Butterfly Castle has moved or had more than one tapestry room, the tapestry room in this episode appears different than it appeared in "Into the Wand" and "Conquer", looking like a narrow hallway instead of a circular chamber.
- Eclipsa's tapestry is shown to have been repaired despite not being destroyed by Meteora.
- ↑ https://disneyschedules.tumblr.com/post/183755815804/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-season-4-canadian
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/DisneyGrillasLA/status/1167994729776197632