The Magic High Commission, also called the MHC, is a council of beings and magic users from various dimensions that oversees all of the magic activity in the universe. They were created and established by Glossaryck, and their headquarters is located at the Bureaucracy of Magic in an unknown dimension.
As of "Cleaved", it has been disbanded due to all of its members being wiped from existence after all magic in the universe is destroyed.
- Glossaryck: One of the three original founders of the Magic High Commission. He was created by the universe itself to give Mewmans a better understanding of the magic that permeates the universe.
- Lekmet: One of the three original founders of the Commission and its High Chancellor; declared deceased in "Return to Mewni". Glossaryck created him to give Mewmans an understanding of the impermanence of existence. The full extent of his role in the Commission is unknown; in Star and Marco's Guide to Mastering Every Dimension, Glossaryck states, "His contribution to the commission must not be spoken."
- Omnitraxus Prime: One of the three original founders of the Commission. Glossaryck created him to maintain the multiverse for Mewmans and explain to them the delicate strands of space-time.
- Hekapoo: The forger and enforcer of all dimensional scissors. Glossaryck created her to provide Mewmans with the means of interdimensional travel. If necessary, she can also close off all interdimensional travel.
- Rhombulus: The least mature member of the Commission. He serves as the council's "muscle" and judges certain individuals of the multiverse by determining whether or not they pose a threat to its safety. This sometimes results in him wrongfully imprisoning people in crystal due to his reliance on instinct rather than logic.
- Reynaldo the Bald Pate: The enforcer of orderliness in the universe. He retired from the Commission after Queen Rhina Butterfly cast a spell on him that made him speak only in riddles, and currently serves as the ferryman for the River of Time.
- Moon Butterfly: The former queen of Mewni and the newest member of the Magic High Commission until Eclipsa Butterfly returned to the throne. She was inducted into the Commission after exhibiting a mastery of magic and proving her leadership as a queen. Her role in the Commission is to oversee the relationship between Mewmans and magic. She was also once the new head, succeeding Lekmet after his death.
The Magic High Commission and its members are introduced in the season 2 episode "Page Turner". They summon Glossaryck to their headquarters at the Bureaucracy of Magic (where he gets into a brief conflict with Rhombulus) and inform him of a sharp magical imbalance in the universe.
In "Face the Music", the Magic High Commission members attend Star Butterfly's Song Day ceremony and learn over the course of the song that Queen Butterfly kept the Magic Instruction Book's theft and Glossaryck's abduction by Ludo a secret from them. Hekapoo is the most vocal in admonishing Queen Moon for withholding such information.
In "Starcrushed", the Commission stages an assault on the monster temple (where Ludo is hiding out) to recover Glossaryck and the book of spells. There, they discover that Glossaryck is gone and that Toffee has taken possession of Ludo's body. The Commission faces Toffee in battle, but Toffee easily overpowers them and absorbs their powers. During the battle, Lekmet exhausts all of his power reviving his comrades, and his body crumbles to dust. When Queen Moon is unable to defeat Toffee herself, she recovers the bodies and remains of the fallen Commission members and escapes through a portal.
In Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Battle for Mewni, Rhombulus, Hekapoo, and Omnitraxus Prime's bodies are in stasis due to Toffee absorbing their powers, but Lekmet is declared dead by Queen Moon. Star and Moon bring them to the Magic Sanctuary to be revived, but the interdimensional fritz has caused the well of magic to turn into black ooze. Near the end of the movie, Star restores the magic of the universe, and Rhombulus, Hekapoo, and Omnitraxus appear to be rejuvenated.
In "Rest in Pudding", the remaining members of the Commission attend a memorial service for Lekmet.
In "Stranger Danger", the Commission apprehends Eclipsa Butterfly and attempts to decontaminate Star, believing she may have been "corrupted" by her. They then attempt to reimprison Eclipsa, but Star is ultimately able to convince them to give her a fair trial.
In "Total Eclipsa the Moon", the Commission is seen rushing to the archives after Moon sets off the alarm.
In "Butterfly Trap", the Commission are set to re-crystallize Eclipsa at her trial, but are found guilty themselves when they are forced to reveal that they tampered with Meteora's records in the archives to replace her with Festivia, a peasant girl.
In "Divide", the Commission sits in on Star's royal council meeting to decide what to do about Meteora. However, Star immediately expels them from the meeting because of their generations of deceiving the Butterfly family.
In "Meteora's Lesson", Reynaldo the Bald Pate appears as the ferryman of the River of Time, ferrying Glossaryck and baby Meteora backward in time.
In "Junkin' Janna", the Commission summons Eclipsa and Star to the Bureaucracy of Magic. After making them wait 45 minutes while they get corn shakes, they reveal that they have detected ancient magic being used within the Monster Temple, implying that they suspect Eclipsa is behind it. Eclipsa bitterly leaves the meeting, telling them she will keep an eye out for any unusual magic.
In "Cornonation", the Commission locks down Eclipsa's coronation after Globgor seemingly escapes, and naturally blame Eclipsa for it. After Star returns with Globgor, who is willing to be recrystallized to protect his family, a fight between him and the Commission breaks out when Rhombulus attempts to crystallize Eclipsa. Following Globgor stopping the fight to protect Meteora, Star realizes that Rhombulus was the one who freed Globgor, leading him to confess that he did, as part of a plan to "prove" Globgor is dangerous. The rest of the Commission are disgusted by Rhombulus's disregard for the Mewmans' safety, and have him arrested for his actions. After the crowd accepts Globgor, the remainder of the Commission reluctantly allow him to remain free.
In "Ready, Aim, Fire", the Magic High Commission plot with Mina Loveberry to rid Mewni of Eclipsa and monsters by having her attack Monster Castle with a giant suit of armor, though Hekapoo is against it.
In "Pizza Party", the High Commission celebrates Eclipsa's dethronement, except for Hekapoo, who secretly saves her and the others from Mina Loveberry.
In "Cleaved", the High Commission fades out of existence after magic is destroyed.
- Star and Marco's Guide to Mastering Every Dimension by Dominic Bisignano and Amber Benson. March 7, 2017. Published by Disney Press. ISBN: 978-1484774199.