|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the score.|
It premiered on April 7, 2019 alongside "Cornball!"
Eclipsa gets ready for a dinner party with Rich Pigeon's family, and Janna offers to babysit Meteora while she's away. As soon as Eclipsa leaves for the party, Janna becomes distracted with a game on her smartphone. Glossaryck appears (with a broken arm) to take Meteora away and continue the dipping-down lessons they have been having in secret.
Glossaryck takes Meteora to the Plains of Time dimension, and he seeks out Father Time so that they can travel into the past. However, Father Time is nowhere to be found, so Glossaryck is forced to turn to Reynaldo the Bald Pate, the ferryman of the River of Time and a former member of the Magic High Commission. In a sub-level passage of the Plains of Time, Glossaryck and Meteora meet with Reynaldo, whose tendency to speak only in riddles frustrates Glossaryck every time they interact.
Glossaryck tells Reynaldo to take him and Meteora back in time to the "Age of Butterflies", but Reynaldo accidentally takes them back too far. The sea is filled with gold water, and a group of Mewmans washes ashore in a small boat. Their memories completely lost, the Mewmans ask Glossaryck for his help, and he explains to them that they are the original settlers of Mewni. Using Meteora's baby rattle and a Millhorse born from the sea of magic, Glossaryck gives it to one of the Mewmans, and it transforms into the very first Royal Magic Wand.
Returning to the River of Time, Glossaryck has Reynaldo ferry him and Meteora to their originally intended destination. A young Toffee, who had broken Glossaryck's arm during a previous excursion through time, leads a group of monsters in an anti-Mewman campaign. When Toffee threatens to break Glossaryck's other arm, Meteora becomes enraged and finally learns to dip down, using the same soul-sucking magic she had used in half-monster adulthood, until Glossaryck is released. Toffee regards this as proof of magic being a threat and resumes the plan for the war against Mewmans.
Glossaryck and Meteora return to the Monster Temple in present day, and Glossaryck brings her back to her crib without Janna noticing she's been gone and just before Eclipsa returns from the Pigeon Kingdom. Meteora says "dip down!" in baby speak, and Eclipsa thinks she learned to say "daddy". With Meteora's lessons complete, Glossaryck believes magic to be in good hands.
- Eclipsa Butterfly
- Janna Ordonia
- Reynaldo the Bald Pate
- Settlers of Mewni
- Rich Pigeon (mentioned)
- Marco Diaz (mentioned)
- Father Time (mentioned)
- Globgor (mentioned)
Title in other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||La lección de Meteora||The lesson of Meteora|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||A Lição Da Meteora||Meteora Lesson|
View the episode transcript here.
Click here to view the gallery.
- This is the first time in the series that Janna appears without Star or Marco.
- Ross Bryant, known for playing Petruchio in the NBC series The Good Place, guest-stars as Reynaldo the Bald Pate.
- One of the Septarians among Toffee's group is based on one of the storyboarders.[specify]
Revelations and continuity
- Glossaryck is revealed to have been secretly teaching Meteora to dip down.
- Reynaldo the Bald Pate of the Magic High Commission, first featured in Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells, appears for the first time.
- It is revealed that Glossaryck created the Royal Magic Wand, using Meteora's baby rattle and a Millhorse, and gave it to one of the first settlers of Mewni.
- He was also the reason they took shelter under the Stump.
- It is also revealed that Toffee knew Glossaryck since he was a "teenage bad boy".