It premiered on March 31, 2019 alongside "Kelly's World".
Star gets a notice in the mail stating Quest Buy is going out of business and having a going-out-of-business sale. This comes as very welcome news to Marco, as he hates shopping at that store. However, Star points out that Marco bought his high-security wallet during a previous trip to Quest Buy, and if the store goes out of business, he won't be able to get another wallet if anything happens to his current one. Marco determines that he needs an additional 16 wallets to last him the rest of his life and decides to go to Quest Buy's going-out-of-business sale. When Janna unexpectedly shows up, all three of them go to Quest Buy together.
Star, Marco, and Janna find the store packed with hundreds of customers taking part in the sale, and Star and Marco get separated from Janna in the commotion. When they get to the wallets/purses aisle, they find the high-security wallets completely sold out. Janna returns after stealing a sloth clerk's uniform and employee ID card, and she leads Star and Marco to the store's stockroom (marked by dozens of "KEEP OUT" and "DO NOT ENTER" signs), but all of the shelves are empty. When Marco expresses his desire for 16 wallets, that exact number of wallets suddenly appears on one of the shelves. Additional items also appear that Star, Marco, and Janna really want, including as a unicorn made of cake for Star, a massage chair for Marco, and a skull-shaped beanbag chair for Janna.
The three are being watched one of the store's sloth employees, who explains that the Quest Buy stockroom is a magical room that turns people's deepest material desires into reality. Eventually, they will succumb to their desires so much that their "brains turn to goo" and they'll never want to leave (which has happened to dozens of other customers before them). However, Star, Marco, and Janna are so experienced in dealing with situations like this that they believe they can resist such temptation. They prove this by conjuring up more material desires like a dancing penguin, a talking bike, and dozens of evil Marco doppelgangers. They leave for the checkout aisle, but Marco appears to be in shock.
As Marco buys his 16 new wallets, he does fall victim to temptation a little and wants to go back to the stockroom, but Quest Buy is now closed by this time. The store closes its doors for the last time and fades out of existence, leaving behind only a single cash register.
Title in other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||Liquidación por cierre||Closing sale|
View the episode transcript here.
Click here to view the gallery.
Revelations and continuity
- The same ransomgram monster that delivered a ransomgram to Marco in "Ransomgram" delivers mail to Star in this episode.
- At the beginning, Marco and Janna have a conversation very similar to the conversation between Star and Ludo in "Star Comes to Earth".
- Quest Buy closes and fades out of existence.
- The Stockroom may be the reason why all the clerks at Quest Buy are all sloths.
- The music played by the hamster band figurine toy sounds very similar to Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- When the sloth employee is explaining how the stockroom works, Janna's nametag has "Sty" on it instead of "Stu".
- After stealing Stu's uniform, Janna has five fingers instead of four.