According to Star and Marco's Guide to Mastering Every Dimension, the Pony Heads live in and rule the Cloud Kingdom in the skies of Mewni just below the edge of outer space. Unlike the matrilineal Butterfly family, in which the throne is handed down from the queen to her firstborn daughter, the Pony Head family is patrilineal: the throne is handed down from the king to his firstborn son.
King and Queen Pony Head tried to have a boy, but instead ended up with thirteen girls. After their twelfth daughter was born, the firstborn, Lilacia Pony Head, was chosen to be her father's heir to the throne, and her title became "Princess Pony Head".
In "Ponymonium", the Pony Heads have dinner at their castle, and are joined by Star Butterfly. According to Pony Head, her sisters frequently plot to thwart her claim to the throne and argue over who will inherit it, with Star getting caught up in one such attempt.
In "Bam Ui Pati!", Azniss, Khrysthalle, Shonda, Shinda, and Hornanne ask Star to help get Pony Head out of bed after she loses her horn to Meteora Butterfly. However, whether or not Star succeeds in this appears to be of little concern to them.
In "The Ponyhead Show!", Pony Head's sisters help her put on her talk show from the backstage area, such as giving Eclipsa Butterfly a makeover. In "Queen-Napped", they help Pony Head pull off an elaborate queen-abduction hoax in order to boost Eclipsa's popularity. In "Cornonation", they handle Eclipsa's makeup for her queen coronation ceremony.
In "Cleaved", the Pony Sisters make a brief appearance as residents of the newly merged Earth/Mewni dimension, yelling at a helicopter after it almost collides with their castle. Like their sister, the destruction of magic hasn't affected their ability to float (or that of their cloud kingdom).
|Name|| First appearance/|
|Image||Name|| First appearance/|
|King Pony Head||Party With a Pony||Lilacia Pony Head||Party With a Pony|
|Azniss Pony Head||Ponymonium||Angel Pony Head||Ponymonium|
|Khrysthalle Pony Head||Ponymonium||Jan-Jan Pony Head||Ponymonium|
|Pamanda Pony Head||Ponymonium||Shonda Pony Head||Ponymonium|
|Shinda Pony Head||Ponymonium||Hornanne Pony Head||Ponymonium|
|Teta Pony Head||Ponymonium||Chezna Pony Head||I'm from Another Dimension|
|Whistine Pony Head||Ponymonium||Pranciss Pony Head||Ponymonium|
- Theme Song (season 3)
- As suggested in "Goblin Dogs", Pony Heads have hollow bodies.
- In the Mewni zodiac, the Pony Head aureole sign comprises birth dates from Grevanz 31 to Dartuk 25 (or August 23 to September 23).
- Its Earth zodiac equivalent is Virgo.
- People with Pony Head as their aureole sign are described in Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells as "Alluring, Mysterious, Admired, Forgives but Doesn't Forget, Lavish".
- The Pony Head is Celena Butterfly's aureole sign.
- According to Daron Nefcy in a Reddit AMA on August 3, 2019, "the Ponyheads evolved out of their bodies thousands of years ago through evolution because they didn't need them" and "Queen Ponyhead sadly passed away."
- Chezna is the only Pony Head family member to not appear outside of the series intro.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ Daron Nefcy (2019-08-03). Star vs the Forces of Evil ask me anything!. Reddit. Retrieved on 2019 August 5.