It premiered on April 7, 2019 alongside "Ghost of Butterfly Castle".
Ludo becomes determined to figure out how to not let his past hinder him any longer and continue on with the rest of his life.
In some unknown dimension, Ludo appears before Princess Quasar Caterpillar while dressed as a clown named Nob Nob (very similar to his confrontation with Star Butterfly in "Bon Bon the Birthday Clown") and attempts to seize her magic bell for himself. Unfortunately, he fails miserably and gets tossed into the void between dimensions, eventually ending up back at his asteroid home. Ludo curses himself for falling back into his old villainous habits and wonders what he's doing with his life.
Ludo's brother Dennis arrives alongside his old minions Bird and Spider with a surprise for his older brother. Taking Ludo to Mewni, Dennis reveals that he finally moved out of his parents' house and used his life savings to buy back the deed to Castle Avarius, which is undergoing reconstruction. Ludo is reluctant to return to the biggest reminder of his past, but Dennis says he wants them to make new, more positive memories together.
As Ludo shows Dennis around the castle ruins, he is reminded more of his past and blind obsession with stealing Star's magic wand, made even worse when Dennis reveals he reassembled Ludo's old throne and put some of his old monster army to work as castle construction workers. As Ludo's monsters rebuild the castle, they mention that the wand is now in the possession of Queen Eclipsa, and they wonder how Ludo would steal the wand from her. Flooded with reminders of his past, Ludo starts maniacally scheming how to get the wand from Eclipsa, and Dennis catches him in the act.
Ludo angrily admits that he hates Castle Avarius and wants nothing more than to move on from his past. Just then, Evil J. LandBaron III, the landowner that Dennis bought the castle deed from, appears with the contract that Dennis signed. Because Dennis signed the contract without fully reading it, the ownership rights to the castle revert back to LandBaron once reconstruction is finished. Dennis realizes he has been scammed out of the Avarius family fortune, and he feels foolish for being too trusting of other people. He tells Ludo to go ahead and try to get the magic wand again, believing that is all he cares about.
Taking up his old skull helmet and scepter, Ludo embraces his former villainous ways to capture and torture LandBaron for the castle deed. Later, back at Castle Avarius, Ludo has a surprise of his own for Dennis: he got back the deed for the castle and put some of their siblings to work as construction workers. As Dennis helps Ludo dunk a basketball, the two brothers are ready for a brand new beginning.
- Quasar Caterpillar
- Ludo's army
- Evil J. LandBaron III
- Avarius family
- Yudo Avarius
- Dudo Avarius
- Kudo Avarius
- Mudo Avarius
- Tudo Avarius
- Fudo Avarius
- Zudo Avarius
- Menudo Avarius
- Lord Brudo (mentioned)
- Lady Avarius (mentioned)
- Eclipsa Butterfly (mentioned)
Title in other languages
|Japanese||プリンセス・クエーサーと魔法のベル||Princess Quasar Caterpillar and the Magic Bell|
|Korean||루도의 새 출발||Ludo's New Start|
|Spanish (Latin America)||La princesa Quásar Caterpillar y la campana mágica||Princess Quasar Caterpillar and the Magic Bell|
View the episode transcript here.
Click here to view the gallery.
- Amanda C. Miller, best known for voicing Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter in the Viz Media re-dub of Sailor Moon and Boruto Uzumaki in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, guest-stars as Princess Quasar Caterpillar.
- With 40 individual letters, this episode has the longest title in the series.
Revelations and continuity
- The people in Quasar Caterpillar's dimension are doppelgangers of people from Earth and Mewni:
- Quasar Caterpillar - Star Butterfly
- Hanna - Janna Ordonia
- Shmarmo - Marco Diaz
- Skackie - Jackie Lynn Thomas
- Indexia - Glossaryck
- Nob Nob - Bon Bon
- Crab - Giant spider
- Fish - Bald eagle
- Star and Marco's Guide to Mastering Every Dimension mentions a sister of Glossaryck's named "Indexica". Any relation to Indexia is unknown.
- The beginning of the episode is almost identical to the events of "Bon Bon the Birthday Clown".
- Ludo drifts through interdimensional space just like in "Ludo in the Wild".
- Dennis has moved out of his parents' house and bought the deed to Castle Avarius with his life savings.
- Ludo forgets about Bird like in "Ludo, Where Art Thou?"
- Toffee's mini-portal maker from "Mewnipendance Day" reappears.
- Some of Ludo and Dennis' siblings mentioned in "Face the Music" appear in this episode.
- Like "Ludo in the Wild", this episode briefly features Frédéric Chopin's Nocturne in E-flat major, Op. 9, No. 2.
- The basketball scoreboard at the end of the episode reads "Ludo vs. the Forces of Evil", referencing the very title of the series.