- “Ticktock, the clock talks, but secret are its powers.
The only one to break its spell is Skywynne, Queen of Hours.”
- ―Royal family inscription[src]
Skywynne Lavender Butterfly, also known as Skywynne, Queen of Hours, is the 27th Queen of the Kingdom of Mewni and one of Star Butterfly's predecessors. She is first mentioned in Star and Marco's Guide to Mastering Every Dimension, and her history is expanded upon in Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells.
Skywynne has fair cream skin, short and curly orange hair, blue eyes, and orange hourglass-shaped marks on her cheeks. In tapestry in Star and Marco's Guide to Mastering Every Dimension, she wears a flowing lavender and purple dress with white frills, a short black cape, and blue brooch; in Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells, her dress is mainly gold with lighter-gold trim, and her brooch is red. She is 5' (1.52 m) tall. In "The Tavern at the End of the Multiverse", she wears the same outfit as in her tapestry, the only exception being her wearing a gear-shaped crown. Her cheek marks are also much pinker in color.
- Note: The following information is from Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells.
Skywynne was born to Lyric Butterfly, the 26th Queen of Mewni. She inherited the Royal Magic Wand from her mother at age 14 and was crowned Queen at age 17, after which her mother retired to the Butterfly family vacation home inside a volcano. On the night of her Wand Passing ceremony, a bunch of dragons that had been trained for the event got loose and burned Butterfly Castle to the ground. The original Magic Book of Spells was lost in the fire, and Skywynne started writing a new one.
During the second year of her reign, Skywynne accidentally created a 24-hour time loop while overseeing the reconstruction of Butterfly Castle. Using the time loop to her advantage, she convinced her subjects that Butterfly Castle could be rebuilt in just one day, and the castle was finished five years later (to the Mewmans, it seemed like only one day had passed). In recognition of her promise, the Mewmans dubbed Skywynne "Queen of Hours".
In the years that followed, Skywynne expanded Mewman territory around Butterfly Castle by seizing some land from the monsters, established the Skywynne Institute for Unmagical but Somewhat Gifted Children, and married a knight that she had a crush on named Gem-robin. She later gave birth to a son named Jushtin and a daughter named Solaria, who would eventually become Skywynne's royal heir.
In "Ghost of Butterfly Castle", Skywynne is depicted in both statue and tapestry. In "The Tavern at the End of the Multiverse", she appears as a voiceless ghost inside Glossaryck's eye. In "Cleaved", she appears as a ghost again in the Realm of Magic as Star, Moon, and Eclipsa destroy the magic.
Powers and abilities
- Royal Magic Wand: As a Queen of Mewni, Skywynne once wielded the royal magic wand, taking the form of a clock in her possession. During her time with the wand, Skywynne pioneered many spells related to time and movement, including a time loop spell, a spell that deletes gravity, a spell that pushes time forward, Easy Peasy Time Freezy, a spell to resurrect the dead, and Warnicorn Stampede. She is also powerful enough (after dipping down) to explode an entire dimension.
- Skywynne's attributes in The Magic Book of Spells are:
- Strength: 16
- Intelligence: 18
- Wisdom: 20
- Dexterity: 5
- Constitution: 18
- Charisma: 7
- In Skywynne's ninth year as Queen, she accidentally exploded Dimension 811, inhabited primarily by moss and fluorescent worms. She later took the worms that survived and planted them in Dimension 812, where they now thrive.
- The origin of Skywynne's name may come from the Welsh name Wynne, which comes from the word "gwyn", meaning "white" or "fair". If her name is to be taken literally, it would mean "white sky" or "fair sky".
- Unlike many/most Mewmans, Skywynne did not believe in the Stump Day Stump.
- The Skywynne Institute for Unmagical but Somewhat Gifted Children is a parody of Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters in the X-Men comics.
- Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells by Daron Nefcy and Amber Benson. September 11, 2018. Published by Disney Press. ISBN: 978-1368020503.