|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the location.|
It premiered on August 10, 2015.
Using her interdimensional mirror, Star chats with Pony Head and wishes her a happy birthday. Pony Head happily appreciates the birthday wishes, but she quickly suppresses it. When Star mentions all the activities they could do together if Pony Head was not locked up in St. Olga's, Pony Head shares in her friend's excitement. For expressing her individuality, Pony Head is dragged away to "solitary conform-ment", and the call ends. Feeling bad for Pony Head, Star tells Marco that she wants to break her out of the school. Marco, having seen every prison-escape movie ever made, offers to help.
Star uses her dimensional scissors to bring herself and Marco outside St. Olga's, where a carriage transports some new arrivals. Using her magic wand, Star alters her and Marco's appearance in order to blend in with the other princesses. After briefly meeting the school's headmistress Miss Heinous during orientation and learning that a nearby tower prevents the use of dimensional scissors, Star and Marco sneak away from the group to look for Pony Head.
As Star and Marco sneak past the guards, Star finds the school to be even worse than she imagined, as princesses are being forced to surrender their individuality. However, Marco thinks the princesses could benefit from living at St. Olga's, especially when he sees their fancy living conditions. When they reach Pony Head's room, they discover that she has been reconditioned to be a formal, civilized princess. Star is horrified, but Marco thinks she is better this way.
With Pony Head secured, Star and Marco begin staging their breakout. Before Pony Head gets them caught, they run into a hall where the other princesses monotonously practice tea etiquette. Finally realizing why Star dislikes the school, Marco creates a distraction by inciting a princess rebellion. The guards inform Miss Heinous about the uprising, and she puts the school on lockdown. As the other princesses are confined to their rooms, Miss Heinous joins the search for Star and Marco.
The guards pursue Star, Marco, and Pony Head into a strange chamber with a decorative skylight and stylized recesses in the floor. As Miss Heinous and the guards close in, Marco finds a laundry chute. Star goes down the chute with Pony Head, but Marco gets captured, as his disguise is too large to fit in the chute. At the bottom of the laundry chute, Star asks Pony Head to help her save Marco, but she appears to be too thoroughly brainwashed. Meanwhile, Marco is taken to solitary conform-ment to undergo reconditioning.
Back in the laundry room, Star finds a poster that reads "Embrace a princess mentality. Wash away your individuality." Because it represents everything Star hates about the school, she takes her anger out on it and despairs. Seeing Star cry triggers something in Pony Head, and she starts to rip up the poster with her horn. As she happily laughs, Pony Head slowly returns to her normal self, and she and Star set out to rescue Marco.
Crawling through the air vents, Star blasts her way into the solitary conform-ment chamber and frees Marco. Before Star's free spirit affects her too deeply, Miss Heinous subjects herself to some reconditioning willingly.
As Star, Marco, and Pony Head escape, they set the other princesses free and start a complete school breakout. Star destroys the portal-disrupting tower and opens a portal with her scissors, and the other princesses celebrate their freedom. Star and Marco prepare to leave with Pony Head, but Pony Head decides to stay and make sure what happened to her does not happen to anyone else. With that, Star and Marco return home.
Back in the solitary conform-ment chamber, Miss Heinous discovers a bobby pin that Marco dropped. Using metallurgy, she discovers that the bobby pin originated from Earth. Miss Heinous vows to "find the rabble-rousers responsible for this" and "annihilate them."
- St. Olga's employees
- St. Olga's princesses
- St. Olga's Infomercial
- Heart Is Filled With Sunshine
- Pinkies at 90 Degrees
- Embrace a Princess Mentality
- My Fellow Wayward Sisters
- Princess Party
- Heinous Scheme
Title in other languages
|Chinese||聖奧加的任性公主感化學校||St. Olga's Wayward Princess School|
|Dutch||St. Olga Vormingsschool voor Obstinate Prinsessen||St. Olga Form School for Obstinate Princesses|
|French||Tentative d'évasion à Sainte-Olga||Attempted Escape From St. Olga's|
|German||Flucht aus St. Olga||Escape From St. Olga's|
|Hebrew||בית ספר המתקן סנט אולגה לנסיכות לא ממושמעות||St. Olga's School for Undisciplined Princesses|
|Hungarian||St. Olga reformiskolája önfejű hercegnőknek||St. Olga's Reform School for Wayward Princesses|
|Italian||Fuga dal riformatorio Sant'Olga per principesse ribelli||Escape From St. Olga's Reform School for Rebellious Princesses|
|Indonesian||Sekolah Santa Olga untuk Putri Raja yang nakal||St. Olga's School for Naughty Princesses|
|Japanese||恐怖のセイント・オルガ||Fear of St. Olga's|
|Polish||Poprawczak św. Olgi dla Krnąbnych Księżniczek||St. Olga's Reformatory for Wayward Princesses|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||O Reformatório St. Olga para Princesas Desobedientes||The St. Olga's Reformatory for Disobedient Princesses|
|Portuguese (Portugal)||Reformatório de Santa Olga Para Princesas Rebeldes||St. Olga's Reformatory for Rebel Princesses|
|Russian||Школа Святой Ольги для непутёвых принцесс||St. Olga's School for the Unfortunate Princesses|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Reformatorio Santa Olga para Princesas Caprichosas||St. Olga's Reformatory for Capricious Princesses|
|Spanish (Spain)||El Reformatorio Santa Olga para Princesas Rebeldes||The St. Olga's Reformatory for Rebellious Princesses|
View the episode transcript here.
Click here to view the gallery.
- This is the first half-hour-long episode in the series.
- This episode has the longest title in season one.
- With a runtime of 19 minutes and 31 seconds, this episode is the shortest half-hour-long episode in Star vs. the Forces of Evil thus far.
- The episode's promo poster has 17 tally marks. This may refer to the episode's production number, 117.
- Jessica Walter, known for portraying Lucille Bluth in Arrested Development and Malory Archer in Archer, guest-stars for the first time as Miss Heinous.
- Jodi Benson, best known for voicing Ariel in The Little Mermaid, guest-stars as the singing teacher.
- This is the first episode since "Party With a Pony" to feature Pony Head.
- The episode satirizes the Disney Princess lineup and stereotypical princesses in general.
- After Princess Pony Head destroys the poster, the words on it are rearranged to read, "Embrace your individuality."
- It's currently unknown who or what is under Star's rug wearing her boots.
- The episode's promo poster and the movie Marco mentions ("Escape from Jail Mountain") are references to the 1976 docudrama prison film Escape from Alcatraz starring Clint Eastwood.
- When Star is transforming to her disguised state, the transformation is very similar to that of Sailor Moon, even with similar music to the music from the original anime.
- When Star and Marco are hiding from the guards, three different paintings are on the wall that appear to depict three English queens: Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth I, and Elizabeth II.
- The monster dog Miss Heinous uses to chase Marco and Star resembles Cerberus, a three-headed dog-like creature of Greek Mythology that guards the gates of the underworld and prevents souls from escaping.
- The solitary conform-ment chamber's brainwashing technique is similar to the Ludovico Technique used in the novel and film adaptation of A Clockwork Orange.
- When Marco tells Star to relax, his cheek overlaps with his mouth.
- In a frame, when Marco, Star, and Pony Head leave Pony Head's room, Marco's right eyebrow overlaps with his eye.
- The "Singing Teacher" instructing Princess Smooshy is seen sitting and rebelling with the princesses in the tea room.
- Marco's eyelashes are missing in multiple scenes:
- When Star and Marco look back down after looking up at the St. Olga's decorative skylight.
- After Ms. Heinous tells her assistant Gemini to go full power until Star turns the metal princess hat-like into a giant butterfly.
- When the princesses run outside of St. O's while screaming and yelling.
- When Star takes down a guard with her wand, her eyelashes are missing.
- ↑ Star vs. the Forces of Evil : St. Olga's Reform School for Wayward Princesses. Screener. Retrieved on 2017 March 5.
- ↑ St. Olga's Reform School for Wayward Princesses. Disney XD Press. Retrieved on 2017 March 5.