It premiered on April 21, 2019 alongside "A Boy and His DC-700XE".
Inside her bedroom closet, Star writes in her diary about Seahorse getting sent to jail for kidnapping Eclipsa in "Queen-Napped". As she writes, she discovers Glossaryck rooting through her belongings without her permission. When Glossaryck says he's not the only one who takes things from Star's closet without permission, Star looks inside the box where she keeps the last remaining piece of the Book of Spells and finds it empty.
Meanwhile, Eclipsa travels down into the catacombs under Butterfly Castle with a small gift box in her hand. As she sets out into the caves in a small rowboat, something gigantic appears out of the water: Globgor. After he shrinks himself down to Eclipsa's size, the two leave the catacombs and row through Mewni, with Globgor remarking how quiet it is and making jokes about eating Mewman miners. When they get out of the both, they continue through the forest and sing a song together.
Globgor leads Eclipsa to a spot in the forest where he set up a picnic, but he finds all the picnic stuff gone. Believing it was stolen by miners, Globgor gets enraged and grows to gigantic size. He reaches his hand inside a nearby mine and grabs something, appearing to crush it in his hand, but he reveals it to be a large ruby as part of another joke. When Globgor presents the ruby to Eclipsa, he says he knows everything around him is not real, citing the complete absence of Mewmans and the presence of some imaginary characters that he made up when he was young.
Eclipsa reveals that she and Globgor are actually inside Globgor's mind and that his physical body is still trapped in crystal. As they talk a little about their daughter Meteora and Globgor expresses a desire to see her, Eclipsa reveals her present for him: a rooster with a ribbon tied around its beak. She explains that her mother Solaria created a spell that can break Globgor's crystal and set him free, and after following all the steps, all she needs to do is pull off the ribbon and make the rooster crow. Globgor is worried that the Mewmans are still afraid of him and will look for any reason to judge him again, and he urges Eclipsa to leave him imprisoned until the kingdom is truly ready.
Eclipsa, having been projecting her consciousness into Globgor's mind, returns to the real world. Star confronts her about the Book of Spells, which is almost fully repaired thanks to Glossaryck's magic silkworms. When asked how she knew the book piece was in Star's closet, Eclipsa confesses that she went inside Star's mind some time ago and learned about it. Star admonishes Eclipsa for being selfish and thinking about herself instead of her kingdom. Eclipsa points out that her subjects haven't even given her a coronation, and Star decides to give her one so that the people will have to accept her and she'll have to lead them properly.
- Star Butterfly
- Pony Head (mentioned)
- Seahorse (mentioned)
- Meteora Butterfly (mentioned)
- Solaria Butterfly (mentioned)
- Rhombulus (pictured)
View the episode transcript here.
Click here to view the gallery.
- Jaime Camil, best known for his role as Rogelio de la Vega in Jane the Virgin, guest-stars as Globgor.
Revelations and continuity
- Seahorse is in jail after kidnapping Eclipsa in "Queen-Napped".
- Eclipsa steals the piece of the Book of Spells from Star's closet to fully restore it.
- The page detailing Solaria Butterfly's "Crystal Pulverizing Spell" is the same as that printed in the real-life Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Magic Book of Spells.
- Eclipsa projects her consciousness into Globgor's mind so that they can interact.
- Globgor chooses to remain imprisoned in crystal until the Mewmans are truly ready to accept him.
- Star foreshadows the events of "Cornonation".
- ↑ Meredith Jacobs (2019-04-19). 'Jane the Virgin's Jaime Camil Sings on Disney's 'Star vs. the Forces of Evil' (VIDEO). TV Insider. Retrieved on 2019 April 19.