FANDOM


  • Did you watch season 2 episode 36 "Heinous"? Share your thoughts here.

      Loading editor
    • Not much, really. Just your ordinary every day filler and fuel for the finale. A few subtle hints for Starco, as usual and just one rather significant reveal. We can see in the last scene that Ms Heinous' removes her make-up and reveals that she has clubs on her cheeks, signaling perhaps some ties to the Royal Family. She also has that monster bodyguard. Both facts are seemingly a parallel between her and Eclipsa. Both have black suits ( spade and club respectively)  and monster allies. There might be some unknown connection between the two. 

      Otherwise it's a pretty standard issue episode, as enjoyable to watch as ever.

        Loading editor
    • The possibility of Heinous being related the royal family is a bit stretch in my opinion, considering that Eclipsa's descendants (with her Mewman King), Queen Moon and Princess Star, each have different markings respectively. And I do seem to recall one of the mewman ladies in the background of season 1 episode 1had spades on her cheeks too (when Star is about to receive the wand I think?) I might need to check out that episode again.

      Going back to Eclipsa, ever since The Hard Way, I have a hunch Toffee is Eclipsa's descendant - she did ran off with her monster lover after all... •_•

        Loading editor
    • I actually hate this episode.

      The Diazes kinda ruined the episode's possible potential. I feel bad for Marco. His only parents would rather care about dinner with some throwaway plot device couple, the Morrisons. Plus, Miss Heinous monologuing and talking for most of the episode can get on my nerves quick, I am not offending Jessica Walter's performance but I'm not used to seeing an episode that is not from Star and Marco's perspective

        Loading editor
    • Xeighart wrote: The possibility of Heinous being related the royal family is a bit stretch in my opinion, considering that Eclipsa's descendants (with her Mewman King), Queen Moon and Princess Star, each have different markings respectively. And I do seem to recall one of the mewman ladies in the background of season 1 episode 1had spades on her cheeks too (when Star is about to receive the wand I think?) I might need to check out that episode again.

      Going back to Eclipsa, ever since The Hard Way, I have a hunch Toffee is Eclipsa's descendant - she did ran off with her monster lover after all... •_•

      It's more likely that they demonized Toffee literally in Ecplipsa's portrait. It'll make sense because Star's potential lover - Marco - is aware of Golsyaric and all of the spells in the book just like Toffee. History does love to repeat itself.

        Loading editor
    • I hated how Marco's parents only cared about the Morrisons rather than their son being killed by Miss Heinous.

        Loading editor
    • Xeighart wrote:
      The possibility of Heinous being related the royal family is a bit stretch in my opinion, considering that Eclipsa's descendants (with her Mewman King), Queen Moon and Princess Star, each have different markings respectively. And I do seem to recall one of the mewman ladies in the background of season 1 episode 1had spades on her cheeks too (when Star is about to receive the wand I think?) I might need to check out that episode again.

      Going back to Eclipsa, ever since The Hard Way, I have a hunch Toffee is Eclipsa's descendant - she did ran off with her monster lover after all... •_•

      Miss Heinous could be related to one of Moon's cousins or aunts in some way

        Loading editor
    • I think Miss Heinous is a sister of Moon's mother. She can be a cousin of Moon too.

        Loading editor
    • Vandetea wrote:
      I think Miss Heinous is a sister of Moon's mother. She can be a cousin of Moon too.

      I agree with you. That might be why she doesn't recognize Star nor the wand. She must have left Mewni after Comet's death. I wonder if it plays in why she wants to brainwash princesses.

        Loading editor
    • KateButterfly wrote:

      I agree with you. That might be why she doesn't recognize Star nor the wand. She must have left Mewni after Comet's death. I wonder if it plays in why she wants to brainwash princesses.

      Well, that makes sense. Moon says that she was a happy-go-lucky girl as Star is, which apparently lead to her mother being killed. So, I'm thinking that this is why she wants to brainwash princesses. She believes that every sign of individuality, recklesness, carelessness, et caetera is 'wayward',ergo fatal. And seeing that, she tries to cover up her own unique cheek marks, that show up when she is distressed, the only way of calming herself down and removing them being with her own personality-erasing videos that she willingly forces herself to watch, if that makes any sense.

        Loading editor
    • Pandoradoomer wrote:
      KateButterfly wrote:

      I agree with you. That might be why she doesn't recognize Star nor the wand. She must have left Mewni after Comet's death. I wonder if it plays in why she wants to brainwash princesses.

      Well, that makes sense. Moon says that she was a happy-go-lucky girl as Star is, which apparently lead to her mother being killed. So, I'm thinking that this is why she wants to brainwash princesses. She believes that every sign of individuality, recklesness, carelessness, et caetera is 'wayward',ergo fatal. And seeing that, she tries to cover up her own unique cheek marks, that show up when she is distressed, the only way of calming herself down and removing them being with her own personality-erasing videos that she willingly forces herself to watch, if that makes any sense.

      Yeah makes sense to me. I even did my own flashback to what coulod have happened before she died.

        Loading editor
    • Gracekim12 wrote:
      Pandoradoomer wrote:
      KateButterfly wrote:

      I agree with you. That might be why she doesn't recognize Star nor the wand. She must have left Mewni after Comet's death. I wonder if it plays in why she wants to brainwash princesses.

      Well, that makes sense. Moon says that she was a happy-go-lucky girl as Star is, which apparently lead to her mother being killed. So, I'm thinking that this is why she wants to brainwash princesses. She believes that every sign of individuality, recklesness, carelessness, et caetera is 'wayward',ergo fatal. And seeing that, she tries to cover up her own unique cheek marks, that show up when she is distressed, the only way of calming herself down and removing them being with her own personality-erasing videos that she willingly forces herself to watch, if that makes any sense.
      Yeah makes sense to me. I even did my own flashback to what coulod have happened before she died.

      let's hear it.

        Loading editor
    • oh ok:

      -Flashback-


      “Mother! Mother, can I ride the warnicorn today?” 8 year-old Moon asked.


      “Of course, dear” her mother, Comet Butterfly replied.


      “I’ll ride with you” She added with a mischievous wink.


      They rode on their warnicorns to Castle Avarius to visit Moon’s friend Avarius, a future lady of the monster nobility.


      Avarius was a young bird monster and her parents were the current lord and lady of the castle.


      The mother and daughter duo arrived at the castle in good time.


      “Remember Moon, we’re here to keep the peace by having visited your friend Avarius not just because she’s your friend but because her family have been friendly with our family for 12 generations now” Comet remined her.


      “Yes, mother but can we go inside now, Please?!” Moon begged.


      Comet chuckled.


      “Of course, Moon” Comet replied as she mounted of her warnicorn and helped Moon off her steed.


      “We’re going inside now” She added with a smile.


      After that second visit, Comet suggested to the royal painter to do a portrait of herself with Moon as a present of her.


      -fast-forward to when Moon was 14-


      Moon and her mother had to revisit Avarius and her family as she had been engaged to Brudo of the Ludo family.


      “Your graces, congratulations with the engagement. I just want you to know that we have a spare building for you in the forest of uncertain death just in case something ever happens to your current castle if you ever need it” Comet reassured them.


      “Are you going to sign the treaty with General Catilliam Batson?” Avarius’ mother asked.


      “Yes, I intend to as soon as we find here” Comet replied with sympathetic smile.


      Moon hugged Avarius.


      “If you ever need me, just give me a call” Moon stated.


      “Same here” Avarius reaffirmed.


      “I wish you well with getting to know your future husband” Moon smiled.


      “I hope you find someone too of your own choice” Avarius replied.


      This surprised Moon and made her falter slightly.


      “I’m sure Brudo will be a nice monster for company, my friend. I shall see you soon” Moon said, faintly as she followed Queen Comet.


      “Good bye, everyone. We shall see you at the wedding” Comet called out before they headed back to Butterfly Castle.


      However once, Comet got to the council room and Moon was safe in her room; General Catilliam was visably afraid.


      “I suggest we get the treaty sigined as fast as possible” he stated.


      “What’s the rush?” Comet asked.


      “You see, your majesty; There’s a general in my army known as ‘The Lizard’ who doesn’t agree with your authority and I’m very afraid that he may do something to stop us from signing the treaty” Catilliam quivered.


      A vulture monster, that looked similar to the bird Ludo tamed only it was able to talk like the other monster, flew through the castle window with a message.


      “The one known as ‘The Lizard’ requests for you to come to the army quarters alone with your wand” The vulture monster reported.


      “Tell your general, I’ll meet him at sunset” Comet stated.


      “Your majesty, are you sure this is the right move?! What if it’s a trap?” Heckapoo cried.


      “Yeah, what if you need assistance fighting him?” Lekmet pointed out in his goat language as his room-mate Rhombulus translated for him.


      “I’ll be fine. I said sunset so I have time to talk to Moon. Now can you guys give me a minute?” Comet ordered, gently.


      They all complied as she headed off to Moon’s room.


      Comet knocked on the door.


      “Come in” was the muffled response.


      Comet came into the room and sat on Moon’s bed beside her.


      “Moon, I have to go out later today to teach a monster a lesson” Comet confessed.


      “But you promised we would go to the Johansen kingdom tomorrow!” Moon remined her in a huff.


      “Moon, my darling. I know I promised that but we can do it another time. Just promise me this: if anything happens to me, I want you try to be strong, avoid crying in public and trust your feelings. It will help you if for some reason you end up replacing me” Comet advised, solemnly.


      “Mother, this isn’t like you. You make it sound like you could die in this fight. Maybe you shouldn’t go?” Moon stated.


      “I can’t back out now, that would be chaotic as it might make another war happen in the process.” Comet explained.


      Then she sighed as she looked out the window and saw the sun beginning to set.


      “I have to start going soon. Do you promise to do what I just said if anything happens?” Comet asked once more.


      “I promise, mother” Moon replied as she hugged her for the last time.


      “I’ll see you in the morning, sweetheart” Comet promised.


      Then just like that she was gone to face ‘The Lizard’ but she didn’t come back the next morning and that was when it was announced that she was killed.

      -end of flashback-

        Loading editor
    • hat's a pretty strong flashback, but where's Ms. heinous.

        Loading editor
    • For a second there, I thought someone beat me to the Heinous flashback idea. And what is it with everyone nowadays writing screenplays?

        Loading editor
    • My opinions on this episode have changed. I still hate this episode for its execution but this episode managed to squeeze in the moment to show the Diazes character flaws of being obilivious to what's around them and how they are not paying attention or aware of what Star and Marco do. Marco won the first move in St. Olga's but in this episode, Miss Heinous makes her move and defeats Marco. Similar to a game of chess. 

      And I now doubt it that they will punish their son. They were just saying these punishments to get Miss Heinous out since they have a tunnel vision moment on preparing dinner for their neighbors.

      And take took their anger out on Star and Marco by having a game night with them. This is how the Diazes are. They wouldn't punish their son ane exchange student even after something like that.


      This episode managed to show how Miss Heinous has fallen and gone insane. We also saw how Rasticore can regenerate, like lizards and reptiles do. Now I shouldn't treat this episode as a serious one, more like a comedic one. 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.