FANDOM


  • Did you watch season 3 episode 19 "Lava Lake Beach"? Share your thoughts here.

      Loading editor
    • Heartbreaking just heartbreaking 😔

      But at least we got more episodes to see even though it’s still heartbreaking as it is. I mean at least I hope we get to see some more character development coming in.

      I’m sorry but I am pretty speechless to see TomStar being an official thing now.

        Loading editor
    • RIP Starco, though I'm glad that Marco is *kinda* with Kelly now 

        Loading editor
    • I don’t like it when people say that Starco is over, they have never practically dated but still who knows maybe it can happen but for the moment I’m pretty much speechless.

        Loading editor
    • I don't know what to say or think right now

        Loading editor
    • Maybe there still is an opening for Starco to happen eventually, but for right now we can see that Star is happy with Tom and looks like its going to remain like that for a little bit...

        Loading editor
    • Oh, but I do. Obvious to say that the roles have switched and we're looking at Marco's 'Just Friends' right now, but he seems to have someone that relates to him and his problem as opposed to Star having to cope with that more or less on her own. Perhaps that's what Kelly's role in the series is and it really is big enough to warrant her presence in the intro. Back on track, it's so sad to see how someone comes to grips with a hard cold reality. The messenger being Tad makes it extra ironic and depressing since the bearer of truth is a phony bestie. 


      I can't wait to see more of this veritable love triangle and its resolution! (And I may have damned myself saying that)

        Loading editor
    • Everyone's freaking out over Starco being supposedly over and TomStar being a genuine thing, but the same was said for Jarco and look how that turned out.

        Loading editor
    • What I'm trying to say is that we can't be absolutely sure that this will turn into a thing, and Marco and Kelly are mearly sympathetic friends who have been dumped by their supposed soulmates. end of story.

        Loading editor
    • To be honest, I think we all knew how this was going to play out. Personally I should be upset or disappointed by Marco's side of the story but I'm surprisingly OK with this. On the bright side, pro-Starco shippers should be happy that Marco has a crush on Star rather be bitter about Tomstar being a roadblock.

      I hope we see more of Kelly, I wouldn't object to ship teases between her and Marco but I hope that there's more to come of her in future episodes (not romance). Hopefully she won't just become another complication to the Star and Marco subplot.  I'm happy that Star and Tom got back together but as I said before, I hope there's more to this than just a roadblock. Monster Bash is on Thursday, I expect it to be like Bon Bon the Birthday Clown.

        Loading editor
    • Well I think you’re right LoudFan4799. As a loyal fan of SVTFOE I don’t want to freak out about TomStar everyday besides more episodes are coming out so we’ll just have to wait and see what happens then.

        Loading editor
    • I'm honestly glad to have everything confirmed so far. As a Starco shipper, I hate to see Marco getting shafted like this, but I'm honestly not surprised. This isn't the first show where you have the main characters fall for each other and get over it at such coincidentally inconvenient times, only to finally get together towards the end of the series.

      Although I don't imagine it being the case, I wonder how the Tomco (platonically) dynamic will change from here, and if Marco will experience an unspoken jealousy of Tom similar to Star's of Jackie.

      I think regardless of whether you want it, TomStar will be good for everyone's character arcs at the VERY least, similar to Jarco's effects on the series. Besides serving as a much-needed redemption arc for Tom, I think it has given Marco a chance to realize his feelings, and perhaps bring them to a head in Monster Bash. And before you say Marco won't admit it while Star is in a relationship, I wouldn't put it past him, considering Star did exactly that in Starcrushed.

      Bottom line, if both Star and Marco are happy, then I could settle for TomStar and Kelco or whoever else they put Marco with, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have some sort of "epiphany" later in the series that they need each other out of mutual respect, friendship, etc. I'm excited to see what's in store for everyone!

        Loading editor
    • I have to admit, I never expected to see things going that way. Marco realizing his feelings for Star was long overdue, but sharing a moment with Kelly? Really didn't see that coming. It'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

        Loading editor
    • Dating a number of people is part of the dating experience. Kind of helps us determine what we wish to see in someone.

        Loading editor
    • How will star and Tom break up? If starco doesn't happen, they will anger lots of fans. I think star and Tom are adorable, and they are so happy together. How would they break up?

        Loading editor
    • Tomstar3113 wrote:
      How will star and Tom break up? If starco doesn't happen, they will anger lots of fans. I think star and Tom are adorable, and they are so happy together. How would they break up?

      If Star breaks up with Tom because of Marco, I'll see he has a nice funeral, with a nice banquet, a casket made of the finest Mewni Oak, and the pounding on that casket shouting "WHY?! WHY!?! OH WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!" the usual.

        Loading editor
    • star is so beautiful she looks good with any ship

        Loading editor
    • Tomstar3113 wrote: How will star and Tom break up? If starco doesn't happen, they will anger lots of fans. I think star and Tom are adorable, and they are so happy together. How would they break up?

      Maybe Tom will see how Star still likes Marco. Or maybe there will the crazy love triangle thing again. Who knows? XD

        Loading editor
    • Guys, take this approach. I was previously a Starco shipper, and after seeing how nothing became if Song Day and nothing Starco related happened in Battle for Mewni, the writers are obviously prolonging Starco as much as possible, because they know that destroying Star and Marco's platonic relationship will change the show drastically. Personally, I hated the idea of TomStar. I thought, from experience, that Star would know better than to go after her ex. Buuuut... Nobody get mad, but this would make complete sense: I'd like to see Kellco happen. Let me explain, and show you the probabilities. Starco is being pushed to season 4. It is 80-90% likely to happen because of the fan support and other variables. But, note that TomStar is now officially a thing. They're giving sound fair character development to Tom, I guess, and stuff, but why in the world would the writers bring Kelly into this? Elaborating: it's a 25% chance that the writers were like "Hey, remember Kelly from Two previous episodes? Yeah, let's randomly have her break up for no reason at all besides character development!" It's 75% likely that the writers stated "Hey, let's put Starco on the back burner for a bit. Let's let Star have her thing with Tom for a bit. Meanwhile, we have a heartbroken Marco in the midst here, what should we do about that? Oh, have him shipped with a previously viewed character? Yes... maybe... Not Pony Head (because that's weird), not Starfan13 or Janna (because they're back on Earth)... how about Kelly? She needs some story development. She's got no backstory or current storyline arc, and so her character is malleable. Let's have her slowly get closer to Marco and gain a close friendship, and then slap her TWICE in the season three intro, as many times as Pony Head or Tom." I personally would like to see Kellco. It's pretty cute, it seems doable, and honestly, I'd like to see some old-school Star-and-Marco missions (Like the sandwich one in Storm the Castle) with Marco and Kelly, seeing as Marco has the only pair of dimensional scissors. He came to Mewni as an exchange student, and the only real development on that us that now, Marco is Star's squire. He needs some missions, some fun and loose, yet organized and experience-giving tasks, and what better way to give story development to Kelly than to make them a thing. It definitely won't happen immediately. Kelly and Marco both need time to get over their breakups, but we already knew that Kelly is a close friend to Star. Not much development there. Now put her with Marco... that justifies being on the end Avengers-type shoot in the opening season 3 theme.

        Loading editor
    • Then it'll be like season 2 again. I don't like that. Please let Marco stay single for now! It's annoying with all the shipping. I like Kelly, but for her and Marco to get together so soon after she broke up with Tad, welll let's not go down that route. Let them stay single for now.

        Loading editor
    • My point. I'd like to see a friendship first. Let then stay single, and have time for a breather. But then after that, don't throw us Starco! Give us diversity!

        Loading editor
    • I'm fine either Markelly comes true or not anyway. But let's deal with the "friendship problems" (oh god the reference) all over Mewni (monsters, Pony head world, etc.) along with Star's Mewberty form and Eclipsa's secrets first. I'm personally more interested in "Sweet Dreams" because this is just kinda like "Just Friends" being reversed, but yes, the fact that Kelly appears like THIS is crazy.

      Also, is it me or Star just trying to bury her past relationship with Marco as a crush? Tom's a perfect "excuse" though. Just a theory.

        Loading editor
    • Let's not forget that Star gave Tom one of Marco's hoodies to wear. Make of that what you will...

        Loading editor
    • It's ironic that in Scent of a Hoodie, she cherished his hoodie so much, but now she just let Tom tear it up. I think she definitely still has feelings for Marco, but she's giving an attempt to keep it platonic.

        Loading editor
    • Smashtag wrote:
      It's ironic that in Scent of a Hoodie, she cherished his hoodie so much, but now she just let Tom tear it up. I think she definitely still has feelings for Marco, but she's giving an attempt to keep it platonic.

      Yep. Her mom and dad started out that way too according to Daron Nefcy.

        Loading editor
    • Smashtag wrote: My point. I'd like to see a friendship first. Let then stay single, and have time for a breather. But then after that, don't throw us Starco! Give us diversity!

      Or Marco could stay single for now. And just be friends with Kelly with no romance.

        Loading editor
    • Oh and yeah, the reversed roles thing in this episode is just Marco being put in the same situation as Star before, in Bon Bon. It's not as clear as Lint Catcher though.

        Loading editor
    • I feel like star and marco together would just ruin the great friendship they already have. Think of it this way: Star danced with Tom not for romance but for trying to get a new start with him. In Demoncism, we see Star get genually worried about Tom taking out his demons, and the episode ends with them holding hands. In Lint Catcher, She confirms her and Tom. IN LAVA LAKE BEACH HE CALLS HER HIS GIRLFRIEND AND THEY EVEN KISS. Stop trying to chose who Star can date people, just let her heart chose and let her be happy for once! Besides, Tom and Star both have a romantic quirky relationship with eachother, Marco can't just think that Star would be waiting for him like that.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think it'll ruin their relationship IF they get together. I've seen couples start as friends and lasting (two of my classmates were friends and just got married this year). Kim and Ron from Kim Possible are the best example of friends-to-lovers I can think of. They were still like friends but dating. But hey that's my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • XD that Kim Possible reference tho

        Loading editor
    • Hopefully, if Tom and Star break up, it'll be amicable. I hate breakups that ends horribly.

        Loading editor
    • Well they are. Season 4 was a great season. XD

        Loading editor
    • Is it just me or does anyone else think it was more than coincidence that Marco's birthday falls on the Soul Rise, or should I say "Sol" Rise XD( i know I'm not funny don't judge me). Although this is assuming that is an annual or at least semi-annual event, I lean towards annual myself. So tell me am I on to something or has Gravity Falls turned me into an overanalyzing nutjob?

        Loading editor
    • YinYangMu wrote:
      Is it just me or does anyone else think it was more than coincidence that Marco's birthday falls on the Soul Rise, or should I say "Sol" Rise XD( i know I'm not funny don't judge me). Although this is assuming that is an annual or at least semi-annual event, I lean towards annual myself. So tell me am I on to something or has Gravity Falls turned me into an overanalyzing nutjob?

      GF has turned you into a nutjob, i am a GF fan but even i can say that your way overanalyzing this XD. Remember Alex hirsch isnt directing the damn show so thiers no hidden secrets like that their haha XD. But still respect that your a Gravity Falls fan.

        Loading editor
    • Tomstar is a rebound ship, people. The two broke up for a reason; they are simply not compatiable for each other. Both of them are hotheads, both of them are stubborn, and there's not really anything that balances them out. Star may have just reconciled some old feelings she had with Tom during the Silver Bell Ball because that's where they started dating way back when, but she got back together with him WAY too quickly after all that turmoil with Marco. She gives the dude Marco's hoodie for crying out loud, like who does that? I really think she's desperately trying to bury her feelings for Marco, or at least she's doing it without realizing it, by making Tom a rebound. I give her props for trying to move on, but it's becoming more obvious that she and Tom will not last because of this very reason, or they will realize why they broke up in the first place. I saw a couple implications that Star isn't into Tom as much as he is into her during the Monster Bash ep. And Star basically trusts Marco with everything she does at this point. She's trying to get over Marco, but she most likely still has feelings for him.

        Loading editor
    • Same. Meanwhile Marco is also trying to get over Star too since he broke up with Jackie. He tried to hang out with Kelly, Heckapoo and even Janna. But still, it was because of those feelings he did it as her squire instead of just a friend, and Heckapoo left Marco cuz of that obviously. At least it's starting to go down for the family mystery now.

        Loading editor
    • Xcepther wrote:

      YinYangMu wrote:
      Is it just me or does anyone else think it was more than coincidence that Marco's birthday falls on the Soul Rise, or should I say "Sol" Rise XD( i know I'm not funny don't judge me). Although this is assuming that is an annual or at least semi-annual event, I lean towards annual myself. So tell me am I on to something or has Gravity Falls turned me into an overanalyzing nutjob?

      GF has turned you into a nutjob, i am a GF fan but even i can say that your way overanalyzing this XD. Remember Alex hirsch isnt directing the damn show so thiers no hidden secrets like that their haha XD. But still respect that your a Gravity Falls fan.

      I know but it's just all the weirdness that surrounds Marco. Like when Toffee captured him and after their "fight" he says to Marco"You're a disappointment" which is a strange thing to say to someone who you don't know. Especially if that someone is a pubescent teenage human and you're an immortal monster. Which leads me back to the monster arm when it said, "You can treat the symptoms, but you can never kill the virus.", which I take to mean that the monster arm was just the "symptom" of an unknown "virus" that resides inside him. Add to that the way the wand reacts to his voice in S2E1, and his random bouts of superstrength. Combined with the fact that his birthday just so happens to fall on the same day as the Soul Rise just seems too coincidental for my tastes. Besides being a crazy nutjob is kinda fun.

        Loading editor
    • YinYangMu wrote:

      Xcepther wrote:

      YinYangMu wrote:
      Is it just me or does anyone else think it was more than coincidence that Marco's birthday falls on the Soul Rise, or should I say "Sol" Rise XD( i know I'm not funny don't judge me). Although this is assuming that is an annual or at least semi-annual event, I lean towards annual myself. So tell me am I on to something or has Gravity Falls turned me into an overanalyzing nutjob?
      GF has turned you into a nutjob, i am a GF fan but even i can say that your way overanalyzing this XD. Remember Alex hirsch isnt directing the damn show so thiers no hidden secrets like that their haha XD. But still respect that your a Gravity Falls fan.
      I know but it's just all the weirdness that surrounds Marco. Like when Toffee captured him and after their "fight" he says to Marco"You're a disappointment" which is a strange thing to say to someone who you don't know. Especially if that someone is a pubescent teenage human and you're an immortal monster. Which leads me back to the monster arm when it said, "You can treat the symptoms, but you can never kill the virus.", which I take to mean that the monster arm was just the "symptom" of an unknown "virus" that resides inside him. Add to that the way the wand reacts to his voice in S2E1, and his random bouts of superstrength. Combined with the fact that his birthday just so happens to fall on the same day as the Soul Rise just seems too coincidental for my tastes. Besides being a crazy nutjob is kinda fun.

      your first theory i can confidently say that he was doing some background checks on him and thought that he could put up a better fight against him but he was wrong. The second, its most likely this virus his talking about his dark urges such as greed, rage, vengence and etc... The 3rd, not quite sure but i think your right, it is too coincidental but still it highly unlikely; i dont think marco is part of a prophecy or something, buts its still possible. 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.