FANDOM


  • Did you watch season 4 episode 13 "Curse of the Blood Moon"? Share your thoughts here.

      Loading editor
    • So ye i watched the episode and while for a moment i thouth Starco might be dead  it posibly is not i cant really tell it endet on a gray note so not really sure how i feel about it could be the death of starco could be the first proper begging for starco

        Loading editor
    • I know what you mean. I'm confused also.

        Loading editor
    • Is it just me or do more people think this is not the death of Starco, but rather the resurrection?

        Loading editor
    • Maybe, but what do you mean by that?

        Loading editor
    • I refuse to believe the Blood Moon itself was entirely the driving force responsible for Star and Marco deveoping feelings for each other. She said it herself just before the severing was complete, that kind of bond they shared naturally developed on its own. If they're feelings were the moon's doing, they would've gotten together almost immediately. 

      Instead, Marco managed to date his dream girl for a while and they still played off as only best friends, slowly realizing they're bond goes beyond a special friendship. Like Tad said, Marco had his own dimensional scissors, but abandoned a good life on Earth to be with Star. And look, he's still hanging around. 

        Loading editor
    • I didn't like the implication. Even if Starco was natural (which I believe it was), they lost the memory of falling in love. It's possible that Starco has been artifically sunk, like how people believe that it was artifically made.

        Loading editor
    • I really dont like all of this stupid drama.. Especially now with the new memory thing.... 

      Now it just seems like they are prolonging the inevitable and either star will break up with tom or marco with kelly and someone will probably still have feelings for eachother... 



      Tbh I dont like the writing of season 4 in general, there's alot I would've liked seeings from the episodes til now..

        Loading editor
    • Plus, I think this ep brought Tom and Janna closer. Why else bring her into the mix?

        Loading editor
    • Well, I could literally say this just something I can't put my mind to. Like it was sweet, it was awkward, adorable, shocking and more

      From that whole event, I can see it for them to be less awkward than it already was, but to me, I just think it might make them stop inheriting their lover holders like with Marco with Star's Cereal, and Star with Marco's hoodies.

      It honestly gave me hope to know in possibilities it never was the Blood Moon curse to make them love, It ain't over yet we'll just have to wait and see.

        Loading editor
    • No matter what ship you're on, I think this whole romantic drama storyline hasn't even ende yet, the season has yet to be concluded so we should prepare ourselves.

        Loading editor
    • To me, the key is Star's question: What if it wasn't the curse? I believe this may be the way the writers want to clarify that any possible relationship between the two will be sincere and not forced by curses, soul bonding and the like. We'll see.

        Loading editor
    • Straw Hat 9 wrote:
      I didn't like the implication. Even if Starco was natural (which I believe it was), they lost the memory of falling in love. It's possible that Starco has been artifically sunk, like how people believe that it was artifically made.

      Yeah, that's why I don't think it's the end, yet.

      It's like:

      Tomstar fans: "Wouldn't it be horrible if Starco was only because of the Blood Moon?"

      Those same Tomstar fans: "But we're totally fine with Tomstar happening only because Star and Marco had to give up, literally, a part of themselves, a memory. We're totally fine with that."

        Loading editor
    • Arbrown23 wrote:
      Straw Hat 9 wrote:
      I didn't like the implication. Even if Starco was natural (which I believe it was), they lost the memory of falling in love. It's possible that Starco has been artifically sunk, like how people believe that it was artifically made.
      Yeah, that's why I don't think it's the end, yet.

      It's like:

      Tomstar fans: "Wouldn't it be horrible if Starco was only because of the Blood Moon?"

      Those same Tomstar fans: "But we're totally fine with Tomstar happening only because Star and Marco had to give up, literally, a part of themselves, a memory. We're totally fine with that."

      It also feels insulting to the fans to even bring up the idea that the characters' feelings, feelings that we watched them experience in real time, might have all been fake. That's why I never thought they'd actually go through with the Blood Moon curse being a thing. I figured the show would just have them think​​​​ it's a curse but then realize they were wrong over the course of the episode. Because even just the uncertainty of whether their feelings were real undermines some of the best episodes of the series like Bon Bon the Birthday Clown an Starcrushed.

        Loading editor
    • I have some ideas of my own if you all will entertain my rant. Let's go back to the beginning of this whole thing: the episode, Blood Moon Ball. The organizer said "Ahem. Good evening, ladies and gentlebremen. It is my pleasure that I request you now to turn your heads skyward." At this point, the organizer gestured to the ruby being pulled from the ceiling and the blood moon ruby becoming present in the room. "When the light of the blood moon drubbles down and selects two LUCKY souls, binding them together for eternity in its hypnotic, ruby brodum." This tells me that it's a good thing, and it's not a substantially evil curse that will destroy them.

      The speaker made it known that the so-called "curse" is a good thing. So, what is up with them all of a sudden trying to break it? Also, who spearheaded this? There is only one person who did and that was Tom he gains from this, he also knows that Star and Marco were getting closer, and Tom wanted Star, he saw he was losing her. So he makes up a fib as to that it is a curse and tells her about it. Tom gains from this and I know this is a stretch but Marco said it in Blood Moon Ball. "All I'm saying is guys like Tom never change." Let's remember that Tom is a demon, and they use deception as their weapon, and they're good at it. Even Star was doubting it before the vision ended. All I'm saying is Tom saw a chance to neutralize the threat and went for it. Classic Teenage romance drama, we've all seen it a thousand times. This isn't the end. TomStar will not last, even if Starco doesn't happen, TomStar will not last. Lies? Secrets? All indicators say their relationship is toxic. 

        Loading editor
    • Robk007 wrote:
      I have some ideas of my own if you all will entertain my rant. Let's go back to the beginning of this whole thing: the episode, Blood Moon Ball. The organizer said "Ahem. Good evening, ladies and gentlebremen. It is my pleasure that I request you now to turn your heads skyward." At this point, the organizer gestured to the ruby being pulled from the ceiling and the blood moon ruby becoming present in the room. "When the light of the blood moon drubbles down and selects two LUCKY souls, binding them together for eternity in its hypnotic, ruby brodum." This tells me that it's a good thing, and it's not a substantially evil curse that will destroy them.

      The speaker made it known that the so-called "curse" is a good thing. So, what is up with them all of a sudden trying to break it? Also, who spearheaded this? There is only one person who did and that was Tom he gains from this, he also knows that Star and Marco were getting closer, and Tom wanted Star, he saw he was losing her. So he makes up a fib as to that it is a curse and tells her about it. Tom gains from this and I know this is a stretch but Marco said it in Blood Moon Ball. "All I'm saying is guys like Tom never change." Let's remember that Tom is a demon, and they use deception as their weapon, and they're good at it. Even Star was doubting it before the vision ended. All I'm saying is Tom saw a chance to neutralize the threat and went for it. Classic Teenage romance drama, we've all seen it a thousand times. This isn't the end. TomStar will not last, even if Starco doesn't happen, TomStar will not last. Lies? Secrets? All indicators say their relationship is toxic. 

      I agree with you when you say that it was made to seem like the so-called "curse" was actually a good thing and especially that Tom may have lied about the true intentions of the Blood Moon. However, I do not think that Tom did this on purpose. If he would have done it on purpose, he could have broken their bond a long time ago. Also, his intention was to bond Star's soul with his own. Also, the Blood Moon Ball was actually named the Blood Moon Curse so it technically is a curse even if it doesn't seem that way. I can't deny that Tom should have told Star it was a curse, but right now we can't be too sure that his acts were entirely malicious. Also, Marco and Star both decided to eliminate the memory so that kinda elimates the "Tom puppeteering Star and Marco" situation. I do not think TomStar will be broken, but if Tom really did do this for his own personal gain, then there is a possibility that they could break up.

        Loading editor
    • While I don't know that Tom ever would've been able to break the curse on his own (it required Star and Marco's participation to do that, after all), it wouldn't really fit at all if Tom was lying to them about its nature in this episode. If he was wanting to manipulate them into breaking the curse, it wouldn't have made any sense for him to wait this long.

      That said I definitely see TomStar breaking up anyway, because they don't seem to work as a couple. They never really seem to be on the same page, they don't seem to have much in common beyond "being teenagers", and they have poor communication.

        Loading editor
    • So Starco isn’t die. Has there now has to be a explains if it was true feelings and the blood moon only strengthened it. 

        Loading editor
    • Well, maybe Tom had to wait for the right moment. Perhaps he didn't intend on it at first, but when the situation arose, he saw an opportunity. And you also have to think. Maybe Tom didn't know that the curse could be broken at first and we've seen Tom can do this, we've seen it with Naysayer, as well as that incident with the guidance counselor. What we have to remember is that Tom matured since then and grew smarter. Remember that he is a Demon. This might be my personal belief, but I would never trust a demon. As too the TomStar relationship it won't work, and I'm a Police Officer so believe me when I say I've seen the worst in people and seen relationships just like this, and they never end well. Either ends in a huge fight or someone gets hurt. Not emotionally, physically. The longer someone stays in a relationship like this the worst it gets for everyone involved. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Whether we like it or not though all the ships are sinking, just some faster than others.

        Loading editor
    • Also I would like to point out the definition of a "curse" "A solemn utterance intended to invoke a supernatural power to inflict harm or punishment on someone or something." Now this Blood Moon "Curse" doesn't do anything that we have seen the only other thing I could think of is the "curse" causing death if one of them dies. However I have not seen any bad come of this "Curse".

        Loading editor
    • .....so many Starco fans 😰 oof

        Loading editor
    • All the ships are the same. Did you expect anything less? :P

        Loading editor
    • oof

        Loading editor
    • Robk007 wrote:
      Well, maybe Tom had to wait for the right moment. Perhaps he didn't intend on it at first, but when the situation arose, he saw an opportunity. And you also have to think. Maybe Tom didn't know that the curse could be broken at first and we've seen Tom can do this, we've seen it with Naysayer, as well as that incident with the guidance counselor. What we have to remember is that Tom matured since then and grew smarter. Remember that he is a Demon. This might be my personal belief, but I would never trust a demon. As too the TomStar relationship it won't work, and I'm a Police Officer so believe me when I say I've seen the worst in people and seen relationships just like this, and they never end well. Either ends in a huge fight or someone gets hurt. Not emotionally, physically. The longer someone stays in a relationship like this the worst it gets for everyone involved. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Whether we like it or not though all the ships are sinking, just some faster than others.

      I don't want to discredit your personal experiences because I think that what you are saying is true, but remember that this isn't real life, it is a children focused animated TV show about a magical princess in another dimension. It isn't really fair to base the future of the ships in SVTFOE based on real life examples, however true they may apply to the real world. However, I do not disagree that Tom may be untrustworthy and may be plotting something, there has been a large focus on Tom maturing and thus he doesn't seem to be plotting anything malicious. Also remember that while Tom may be a demon remember he also technically considered a monster in this universe. Star has really fought for bringing equality for monsters before Ecplisa took over so saying that he is inherently untrustworthy simply because he is a demon isn't really fair to Tom. After all, Mewmans believed that all monsters were vicious, blood-thirsty creatures but we know that's not true (Buffrog, Slime Monster, Tom)

        Loading editor
    • I'm not quite sure how to feel here. While it was nice to get some continuity, as well as hearing Tom finally confess as to the real reason he invited Star to the Blood Moon Ball (and Star and Marco hanging out together at the beginning was adorable), it was heartbreaking to see Star and Marco's memory of their dance together get taken away, just as they were starting to enjoy reliving it.

      Let's not give up hope just yet, though. This episode may just have been written in response to those who claimed that Star and Marco would only be together because of the Blood Moon's influence. Star even suggested that it wasn't the Blood Moon that caused them to develop feelings for each other. After all, hearts and souls aren't exactly the same thing.

      There's a good chance that Star and Marco will still have feelings for each other, even after this. Previous episodes have shown that there really isn't a quick fix to situations like this, so events after this episode may end up following that trend.

        Loading editor
    • For the millionth time, skipping all the comments and writing my thoughts. If I repeat something, now you know why.

      Ok, so I did put my expectations too high for this episode, and as a Starco shipper, I will admit this wasn't much of a plus and set us EVEN FURTHER AWAY from our (or my) goal. When they were dancing, I felt like they WERE showing their true feelings and when they came out of that memory, maybe they were faking it? 

      Also, being a little over hopeful here, but Daron posted some wierd comment the day before the episodes, saying "Don't miss tomorrow's episodes!" and then some evil laugh type thing. Me and few others just think that maybe COTBM and Kelly's world weren't meant to be taken seriously, but as a (kinda) joke. Her and Adam McA. were awfully suspicious...

      Back to the episode, the Severing stone glowed yellow when Star and Marco were "done," but glowed GREEN when Janna severed her soul, so would that mean that the severing of the BM isn't truly complete? Or maybe it couldn't be done? IDK, I just feel like we're not done with the BM just yet. Also, if either of their feelings would be true, it would be Star's. Marco's crush is a bit wierd to explain, so maybe his were forced? But if the Curse was truly cut and they don't have to be "forcibly" together, then in the next few episodes, we'll see them have more pure feelings! That's like, the only positive note about this ep.

      (Last thing, the flippin lines in this episode, especially by Marco were ADORABLE! Like, every fangirls dream AH!)

        Loading editor
    • i loved this episode confirmation its a curse! sorry, starco fans, TOMSTAR 4ever! (do not reply arguing with me plz. ;-; )

        Loading editor
    • <divclass="quote">TheGiftedMongol wrote:<divclass="quote">Robk007 wrote:
      Well, maybe Tom had to wait for the right moment. Perhaps he didn't intend on it at first, but when the situation arose, he saw an opportunity. And you also have to think. Maybe Tom didn't know that the curse could be broken at first and we've seen Tom can do this, we've seen it with Naysayer, as well as that incident with the guidance counselor. What we have to remember is that Tom matured since then and grew smarter. Remember that he is a Demon. This might be my personal belief, but I would never trust a demon. As too the TomStar relationship it won't work, and I'm a Police Officer so believe me when I say I've seen the worst in people and seen relationships just like this, and they never end well. Either ends in a huge fight or someone gets hurt. Not emotionally, physically. The longer someone stays in a relationship like this the worst it gets for everyone involved. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Whether we like it or not though all the ships are sinking, just some faster than others.</div>I don't want to discredit your personal experiences because I think that what you are saying is true, but remember that this isn't real life, it is a children focused animated TV show about a magical princess in another dimension. It isn't really fair to base the future of the ships in SVTFOE based on real life examples, however true they may apply to the real world. However, I do not disagree that Tom may be untrustworthy and may be plotting something, there has been a large focus on Tom maturing and thus he doesn't seem to be plotting anything malicious. Also remember that while Tom may be a demon remember he also technically considered a monster in this universe. Star has really fought for bringing equality for monsters before Ecplisa took over so saying that he is inherently untrustworthy simply because he is a demon isn't really fair to Tom. After all, Mewmans believed that all monsters were vicious, blood-thirsty creatures but we know that's not true (Buffrog, Slime Monster, Tom) </div> I'm not saying anything like that but the characters relationship is literally cancer either way and they are mimicking human emotions either way so it would apply here, I'm sure Daron Nefcy puts the same emotions into these characters as do us, even if it is a cartoon the characters do display the same emotions you and I use, that is what makes them relatable. They're not just robots that feel no emotion, they react the same way.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not implying that they have no emotions or that they do not display any real emotions, but rather that their feelings can be changed simply to fit whatever Nefcy wanted to (good thing Nefcy doesn't just change the character's thoughts and feelings and have consistant continuity with her character's emotions). If Daron Nefcy wanted TomStar to continue, then she would've and if she wanted Starco to happen, she would've done it too. The point I'm trying to make is that while there might be certain signs that TomStar might be breaking apart or something, it is absolutely not an official confirmation. I full-heartedly agree that Nefcy puts emotions into her characters but to judge their actions and the future based on reality wouldn't be neccessarily true because the plot could change essentially whenever (or maybe not if that's what Nefcy intends) 

        Loading editor
    • Technically the season is already completed. Nefcy knows what is going to happen and so does everyone working on the crew. She could change it but doing that would mess with the timeline they have established. She doesn't work on these episodes one week at a time. All of them are already done. The entire season is in a file waiting to be presented to the public. If this was the case it would be like Gravity Falls, and we both know Alex Hirsch nearly died of sleep deprivation doing exactly what I just mentioned. Creating these episodes takes time, a lot of time.

        Loading editor
    • Hold up one second, guys!

      We Starco shippers aren't beat yet! Think of what day this episode came out on! What if it's all a big hoax? What if this "severing" is an April Fools in disguise? Is there hope for Starco yet?

        Loading editor
    • sad episode...for us Starco fans

        Loading editor
    • Robk007 wrote:
       the organizer gestured to the ruby being pulled from the ceiling and the blood moon ruby becoming present in the room. "When the light of the blood moon drubbles down and selects two LUCKY souls, binding them together for eternity in its hypnotic, ruby brodum." This tells me that it's a good thing, and it's not a substantially evil curse that will destroy them.

      Wasn't it a demon who said that, I thought they'd be into masocium 

        Loading editor
    • <divclass="quote"> Wasn't it a demon who said that, I thought they'd be into masocium  </div> He was a demon. But what motive did the organizer have in that event to lie to Star? He barely cared she was there let alone the other 200 or so people or whatever was in attendance. I'm not sure you are using the word that technically misspelled, but I'm going to guess you were trying to say masochism. Just so you know masochism is the tendency to derive pleasure from others or oneself pain or humiliation, I'm not sure you understood what I meant. I was saying I don't trust a demon, but the organizer had no motive to even care about Star unless Tom paid him off or threatened to cut off his head off if he didn't which I think he could probably do. Tom also doesn't strike me as the kind that would be into Star suffering forever while he was happy. Plus Star I'm pretty sure would never stand for that.

        Loading editor
    • What I mean is a curse to us might not be a big deal for them, the underworld citizens like to fight eachother all the time

      the annoncers probably say the same thing at every blood moon ball so it dosen't matter if Stars there this time

        Loading editor
    • They look like they fakin it :/ Also, wasn't blood moon supposed to be binding souls eternally? Doesn't that break of the moon symbol look more as the failure to break souls rather than the actual breaking of the bonded souls under the blood moon?

        Loading editor
    • Oujo-sama wrote:
      They look like they fakin it :/ Also, wasn't blood moon supposed to be binding souls eternally? Doesn't that break of the moon symbol look more as the failure to break souls rather than the actual breaking of the bonded souls under the blood moon?

      The Severing Stone severs even the Blood Moon's bindings. What part of that didn't you get?

        Loading editor
    • Here my opinion in this ep

      So they break blood moon curse which have power/curse people to have eternal bond between their soul.

      After a few episode from Blood moon ball at season 1 Star have been exposed to have crushed with marco at truth and punishment game, if it was caused by curse why marco doesn't feel the same way, well my theory is star fall in love with marco not because of curse and same thing to marco. Blood moon curse help them built their feelings to each other not create their feeling to each other for example, when marco date with jackie he have bad feeling that star in danger and suddenly blood moon was appear for fe second well thats because their sould is bounded so he can sense she in danger, and at photo booth buddies ep after they kissed u can notice blood moon in the sky so blood moon help them to be more honest for their feeling, as uc an notice marco say the truth and kiss star but if you see the background detail at the photo star move forward and kiss marco too. so blood moon help or grow their feeling which have in their heart in the first place. After blood moon curse break the memory of their blood moon ball is gone but the feeling still intact,

      i know my english is very bad ;)

        Loading editor
    • Don’t have much to say, except the scene at the Ball was beautiful. And I don’t even like Starco!

        Loading editor
    • imagine how hard that hit people who like Starco :P

        Loading editor
    • I'd like to say that I know the sappy romance has kicked up and honestly why is it so hard to go with the "Two best friends fall in love?" It's not all that different than what happens in real life. Most of my friends who are married tell me their wife is their best friend. It's not to hard to believe that.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.